iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

C4 Brake Band #?

Started by chester_tree _farmah, September 15, 2014, 03:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester_tree _farmah

Would anyone have a part number for the brake band on my mid 60s c4? below is a pic of it. Looks a lot like a Military M37 band anyone know if that was what they used? Maybe it isn't original but no reason to think it isnt yet. It is on the transmission side of the transfer case.

Other Option - anyone know any shops in Bangor or Maine or Southern NH that do relining for a resonable price. I have talked to Harolds and Davco.

I straightened the linkage and tightend the linkage by adding bushings. Many of the holes in it had become slots and it allowed the band to ride cockeyed. I would love to go disk but this will work fine for my use and all I need to do is pop on a new or relined band at this point. Oh and I am degreasing in there too.

Thanks CTF
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

North River Energy

Just names, no guarantee:
Portland Clutch
WD Matthews
Fleetpride (Londonderry NH)

If they don't have what you need, they might know who does.
Kinda looks like the parking brake on my WDX...

Maine logger88

Check with traction in Bangor they may be able to help you out I know they have the stuff to reline tj bands
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

chester_tree _farmah

Thx guys.

Yeah North River. WDX/M37. The band's for those look pretty much the same but would need one to compare. Do u know what diameter your drum is? This band is exactly 3" deep/wide. Need to measure the drum exactly but from the band I would say it is 9-10 inches diameter.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Thank You Sponsors!