iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oak Logs

Started by Bruno of NH, September 14, 2014, 02:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Hi fo;ks
Picked up some oak logs and a 30 foot spruce pole today .
Got them from my BIL he is a logger in central NH .
The best part they where free. 8)

The oak is 2 20 foot logs and a 10 footer .
Thanks Jim Bruno of NH
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

drobertson

Looks like those should work just fine,, free is good!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

With a BIL like that, you're gonna need a longer trailer.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Bruno
Now cut that one 20' into two tens, and a lot of that crook will disappear (first pic shows the dog leg). ;)

Surprised as a logger that the BIL hasn't already bucked them to get rid of that dog leg, but maybe the length is what you need.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on September 14, 2014, 02:28:37 PM

Surprised as a logger that the BIL hasn't already bucked them to get rid of that dog leg

I'm not surprised, Loggers saw them long to get more on the truck. Crooks, disease, taper, bucking.....don't mean much to a logger. They saw 'em, load 'em and hit the road.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bruno of NH

beenthere ,
Just left them at 20 ft to truck them home .
My mill only cut 17ft 6 at the moment . :D
Jim
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

clww

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 14, 2014, 02:33:32 PM
Quote from: beenthere on September 14, 2014, 02:28:37 PM

Surprised as a logger that the BIL hasn't already bucked them to get rid of that dog leg

I'm not surprised, Loggers saw them long to get more on the truck. Crooks, disease, taper, bucking.....don't mean much to a logger. They saw 'em, load 'em and hit the road.
Not always true. Depends on where the load is going and what the load is that I use when I buck them to lengths.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

dboyt

Good to have a logger in the family when you own a sawmill!  That should keep you busy for a few days.  What are you going to do for him so that he'll think of you next time he has some extra logs?
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Bruno of NH

Quote from: dboyt on September 16, 2014, 08:50:06 AM
Good to have a logger in the family when you own a sawmill!  That should keep you busy for a few days.  What are you going to do for him so that he'll think of you next time he has some extra logs?
He needs some live edge hemlock sawn out for his house .
He also gave me a ham and some bacon he smoked from one of his hogs .
The bacon was tasty .
It was  a good trip .

Missouriwildman

I love the barter system..
On order Timberking 1600 , 25 hp diesel, TK blade sharpener and setter. JD 5210 with 540 loader and 5 ton Braden 3 point winch for skidding timber. Bobcat S160 turbo hi flow with loader forks. Chainsaws ms 200t , ms 210, ms 250, ms 390, can't hook, Log waggon and other stuff..I love stuf

Thank You Sponsors!