iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just some photos from working up north

Started by Skidder Kev, October 03, 2014, 03:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skidder Kev

I figured I would share some photos of 2 jobs that we had up north.  well 2hrs north for us.  both jobs had 80000bdft and we just had to flop and top.  Both bushes had firewood guys coming in to cut the slashed pole wood and the tops.
The first job was a mix of sugar maple,soft maple, white ash, and hemlock.

moving day, going 15 miles north

this job was split with sugar maple and white ash.  The big pile is pretty much all ash, and on the left you can just see the maple.         

The skidder is a clark ranger 664B and skidsteer is a case 60xt

hope you enjoy
kev

cutter88

Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Skidder Kev

thanks cutter88.   these jobs are about 15 mins north west of midland. 

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

David-L

Nice pics, like that muffler on that nice looking 664.

David
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Glenn

Two hours north of Midland ? I'm East of Algonquin,

Autocar

Great pictures is your pup trailer steerable with that third axle, maybe I see it wrong looks like a tri axle truck with a three axle pup trailer. Eather way great pictures thanks for scharing.
Bill

Maine logger88

Nice pics nice equipment and nice logs! Is that an 8500 serco loader? How much can a truck and pup weigh up there?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

sprucebunny

Thanks for the pictures  8) 8)

Nice looking logs and landing  smiley_thumbsup

I've been to the edge of civilization in Ontario Correction:It was Quebec. North of Louisville. And it took 4-5 hours from the US  to get to a place with only dirt roads headed north  and you are pretty much 'off the map'  :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Skidder Kev

glad everyone likes them.  David-L yes that muffler is built heavy,never have to worry about denting it haha. 

Glenn,  we are working 15 mins north west of midland,  we are 2 hrs from home so we stay the week at our family cottage.  nice country you are in up in  Algonquin. 

Autocar,  Yes you are right it is a tridrive truck with the front axle on the pup steerable.  the set up works pretty good.  the tri drive has suprised me on what he can get through. 

maine logger88,  I will try to answer this the best i can,  we don't own the truck,  he just hauls for the mill we are cutting for.  Yes the loader is a serco 8500 and for what he can weigh I beleive is 63,500kgs.  (139700lbs).  If I'm wrong maybe one of the other ontario boys could correct me haha. 

SliverPicker

Those are some nice sticks.  It makes me want to sob when I look at that and the garbage I've been cutting.

Tomorrow is another day.
Yooper by trade.

Skidder Kev

yes you are right sliverpicker this was some nice wood and easy bushes to cut (trails in,flat and pretty much dry ground)  but we have done our fair share of jobs that i guess I can say weren't fun haha but they paid the bills. 
stay positive and the good one will be right around the corner.

kev

Maine logger88

139700 that's quite a jag!!! Anyway thanks for sharing the pics its always fun to see others operations!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Glenn

cutter88

Quote from: Glenn on October 03, 2014, 06:10:42 PM
Two hours north of Midland ? I'm East of Algonquin,

im close by as well... Huntsville ontario
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Glenn

I worked for the Algonquin Forestry Authority out of the huntsville office during the 90's.  Glad its over !!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ehp

he should be able to be  156,000 pounds as far as weight goes and add 10% during the winter up there for extra snow/ice on the truck, I logged quite a few years in Huntsville area and lived north of Haliburton most of my life and that is where my parents still live 

Skidder Kev

thanks for the correction ehp,   logs are going to a mill near elmira. 

ehp

most of those log trucks just donot weigh in at 156,000 pounds , if hard maple and oak on them their weight is more than that and I have seen loads very close to 200,000 pounds in winter time

ehp

your timber looks pretty good and nice and straight , hopefully your getting a good price for it

Thank You Sponsors!