iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone seen this yet?

Started by Ludo, September 13, 2014, 04:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo

Jogging through You Tube on a rainy day here in New York and stumbled upon this video.  The last line makes the clip.  :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxd7r-Z-Xp4

beenthere

He needs a Logrite cant hook in the worst way. Get rid of that clutzy thing he tried to use.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

coppolajc10

beenthere, you talking bout the thing in pink or the cable?  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Cedarman

I bet it was awhile before that chunk of wood was made into boards.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

goose63

What wood? I dident see any wood  :o ::)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

kelLOGg

The angle of the pull rotates the log into the squaring arms making the pull much more difficult. I had the same problem until I motorized the in/out action of the boom so I can always pull vertically - essential for big logs. That way my wife doesn't have to help ... at the mill.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

drobertson

use to make fire wood log turners like that hook years ago, it has been said, "poor man poor ways!" 
and I'm pretty sure he don't care much what we think ;D  nice log there anyway.  And it does appear that he has plenty of help 8)
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

rooster 58

I was gonna say something, but on second thought I think I'll just hold off ;D

Bruno of NH

That's not even a big can't !
I would have fliped it in a second with my peavy and been done with it .
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Sixacresand

I did something like that with my LT10.  Good post for someone just getting a manual mill.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

js2743

I have seen that video on here before I think the guy is a forum member.

Compensation

I have seen that log arch on here before in the background of another video or picture.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

dboyt

A shorter arm on that winch boom would turn it with less force and a lot less stress on the equipment.  After seeing the video, I told my wife I needed a wench to help me turn logs.  She wasn't amused.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Missouriwildman

On order Timberking 1600 , 25 hp diesel, TK blade sharpener and setter. JD 5210 with 540 loader and 5 ton Braden 3 point winch for skidding timber. Bobcat S160 turbo hi flow with loader forks. Chainsaws ms 200t , ms 210, ms 250, ms 390, can't hook, Log waggon and other stuff..I love stuf

barbender

Quote from: dboyt on September 16, 2014, 08:59:28 AM
A shorter arm on that winch boom would turn it with less force and a lot less stress on the equipment.  After seeing the video, I told my wife I needed a wench to help me turn logs.  She wasn't amused.
I remember a Patrick F. McManus story along those lines (The Last Laugh, Outdoor Life) if any of you remember his articles. He claimed he didn't share his thoughts on needing a better winch, or a better wench, with his wife because "discretion is the better part of valor". :D
Too many irons in the fire

FarmingSawyer

Too funny....In the time it took to make that video any one of us could have flipped that cant with a peavy, had it sawn into boards and loaded the next log and still had time and energy for a bit of mischief.....
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

bedway

Lucky for me the first time i called my wife in jest a "wench" she smiled. ;) For a split second there i wasnt sure if i should duck or run :D.

dboyt

This ad appeared in the classifieds a few years back... "For sale: Wench truck with working wench."  Only in Missouri.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!