iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Those Nocturnal Bucks

Started by Ron Scott, September 11, 2014, 08:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

~Ron

drobertson

Still trying to get a pic of the ones getting into the garden!  they just about wiped out one full row of okra, first time they really did this much damage,  no need to mention the butter beans, I did my part for feeding the herd this year,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bibbyman

Have you ever encountered such a nice brown color on a set of antlers?   They look waxed.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Firewoodjoe

Ugh I can't wait. I'm taking more time to hunt this year. Generally I'm to busy but I'm making time!

clww

Those are shiny and really dark, Bibby. I have a monster I took in Saskatchewan that are almost black they are so dark.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

okmulch

Had several of this guy nocturnal. But he posed nicely during the day!
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

clww

Looks like he's doing the "Danger! Foot Stomp".
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Those all look good enough for eating.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

petefrom bearswamp

Guess I'll get my cameras out.
I have been lazy this year.
Gets my blood flowing.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Chuck White

Quote from: Bibbyman on September 14, 2014, 09:12:07 PM

Have you ever encountered such a nice brown color on a set of antlers?   They look waxed.

We had some like that here about 10-12 years ago when some of the Red Pine trees were about 2-3 inches in diameter!

They were polishing and sparing with the small trees!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I finally saw some horns!!!!!On deer at my house. Been 2 years,if not more. Nothing like what you guys have pictures of,but they was horns.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

First horns I've seen during the daytime since a few back in June.

Before 8 am this morning.  Hope that is a good sign for some shooting.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Scott

~Ron

beenthere

Ron, ya got that big boy on the right dialed in on your crossbow?  Hope you catch up with him.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Scott

If they will only show up during shooting hours. They are right near one of my stands. ;)
~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

VT_Forestry

Caught these two slipping by the camera last month  :)

Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Ron Scott

~Ron

BW_Williams

Do any of these dress out to over 100 pounds?  Looks like I could put one under each arm and stroll back to the truck :D :D :D  I've had to half some here to get them home, although I did think about eating them where they lay, the snow gets pretty deep there!  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

beenthere

BWW
Probably twice what you think... if they are in the northern US
Depends on age.
south central Wisconsin

BW_Williams

I guess it all depends on your perspective and how steep the hills are!  I was chasing Chuckars yesterday and swear the mountains have somehow gotten steeper! :D :D :D :D
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

WmFritz

It's curious to me on how antler colors vary. I've taken bucks that lived their whole life in a cedar swamp in the UP that were the color of Bibby's picture. I've got a nice shooter that I've been seeing around my home that has antlers the color of white chalk.

Last Sunday, he ran across my driveway as I was driving out at 2 in the afternoon. Tonight, I nearly hit him in the road, as I was slowing to turn in the driveway. I've had people hitting me up at the local restaraunts and our High School football games, that have seen him at night and want to hunt my yard.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

VT_Forestry

This one is tending to a scrape - hope he decides to do some tending during the day  :D

Looks to be the same buck from a couple weeks earlier

Forester - Newport News Waterworks

drobertson

been waiting for your posts vt, you have some dandy's out your way for sure,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!