iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A southwestican delicacy

Started by mesquite buckeye, September 11, 2014, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

We have these everywhere here at the tail end of the monsoon. I saw one of Andy's cats eating one and apparently not get sick. :-\

A nice lady from Oaxaca told us they are really good to eat. :-\

While we were having lunch she told us how you prepare them. First, you cut off the head. (You can bite them off if you are really cool.)  Then grab them from the back end and squish out all the goo. :-\
Then you roast'em!  steve_smiley

Yummy. Probably better with some chiltepines.

Yee Haaaaa ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

rooster 58

I think I'll have to pass on that recipe steve_smiley

mesquite buckeye

If she cooks up some there will be a follow up report. :o
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

21incher

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on September 11, 2014, 11:51:48 AM
If she cooks up some there will be a follow up report. :o
How about a follow up video? They look like good fish bait fishin-smiley
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

BBbbbut she squished out the good part.   :o    :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sprucebunny

You mean I have to look at it close enough to figure out which end is the head ???  :o

Yuk stuf.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

You Flatlanders eat some odd stuff,grits,worms.....
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: sprucebunny on September 11, 2014, 02:40:59 PM
You mean I have to look at it close enough to figure out which end is the head ???  :o

Yuk stuf.

The head is the opposite end from the horn. ;D

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Magicman on September 11, 2014, 02:12:25 PM
BBbbbut she squished out the good part.   :o    :D

Just like cleanin' chitlins. :-\ steve_smiley

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: thecfarm on September 11, 2014, 08:51:02 PM
You Flatlanders eat some odd stuff,grits,worms.....

Not so flat here. ;D

Got these little bumps called the Rockies.

(no Bullwinkle)

Thank You Sponsors!