iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wedding Card Box

Started by Mooseherder, September 09, 2014, 05:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

Here is a little project I did Saturday with some Oak that I had.  The top was from a slab of Oak I had got from WDH that I had cut off from another project. I had been wondering what to do with it.  It isn't quite finished yet.  It may get a front knob on the slab.   And the finish hasn't been decided.

I cut and indexed the boards and bottom and then glued and Brad nailed.  I'm hoping it'll hold together. ;D

Making the card opening slit.

WDH

I like the live edge top  8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jemclimber

Very nice box!! I like the way you made the joints and the thick top.
lt15

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice Glenn....what cha gonna put in it? What, what, what?
Tell me......I CAN'T STAND IT!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooseherder

red

Raider Bill is going to Love it !
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WmFritz

Quote from: red on September 09, 2014, 07:20:24 PM
Raider Bill is going to Love it !

Did  @Raider Bill  invites go out?
I missed mine!         >:( >:(  :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Raider Bill

Funny you mention that.... I'm attending 1 this weekend and then my daughters next weekend.

A quote from a wise man,
" marriage is a worthless piece of paper that just complicates things in the end"

Guess who?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 10, 2014, 08:33:25 AM

A quote from a wise man,
" marriage is a worthless piece of paper that just complicates things in the end"

Guess who?

Old saying......but true!  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooseherder

There was a change of plans.  Someone didn't like the slit on the top.  Luckily had some more thick stuff to glue together.
I can save the previous top in case @Raider Bill  needs one with a slit. :D
The words on the box were lifted from an etsy project.  I'm so ashamed.
The stain is sun bleached rustoleum. 

WDH

Yes, hold that top for Raider Bill  ;D.  You never know when he is going to fall. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

wildbill

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 10, 2014, 08:33:25 AM
Funny you mention that.... I'm attending 1 this weekend and then my daughters next weekend.

A quote from a wise man,

Guess who?

huh, i think ive heard that before :)
Raider Bill's favorite son

LIL

Ian made this beautiful card box for me to hold our wedding cards and a small few mementos in. 

Ian gave me his heart..... The heart is a piece of juniper from a tree that fell at mum's place in a storm a couple of years back.  The box is  made from a piece of pine I milled all by myself on a skillmill about 8 years ago.  It was worth the wait  smiley_heart    You can read about that adventure here :)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,20826.msg296804.html#msg296804
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Thank You Sponsors!