iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rodney's pixs of the week April 4, 2014

Started by Jeff, September 08, 2014, 01:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This week (which was last week's that I forgot to send out)....a Ruby Throated Hummingbird enjoying a sunflower.

This week......Molly Reeves took a shot of a chipmunk admiring some new brick work at her home. Ric Gendernalik's shot of a green frog parade. Then a couple shots from last weekend on Drummond Island. One each of Bob Corstange, and myself, enjoying  refreshing atv rides. And a couple ruffed grouse that were lucky my camera wasn't as buried as the shotgun was in the back of my truck.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WmFritz

I love this thread...

You need a wetsuit for your trail rides.  :D
Nice shot of the Grouse too. I caught two  Pat's in a tree last winter, but my cell phone didn't show them very well.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Jeff

Got behind on Rodney's pix while at the Paul Bunyan and then up north after that.

This week....from the Badlands of South Dakota, a shot of the Badlands and some residents (Bighorn Sheep) exercising their right to jaywalk in front of my truck.

Jeff

This week.....from Wyoming.... rising more than 1200 feet from the surrounding terrain, Devils Tower, the first national monument.

The second photo shows Bob Millward in front of the tower and two climbers making their way up. The rest of the photos zoom closer and closer on the climbers. We were told the top is host to chipmunks, marmots and the occasional rattlesnake.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Hilltop366

What is that thing? Looks like a giant petrified tree trunk.

JustGreg

Woodland Mills HM126

Magicman

There were climbers when we were there.  We walked all of the way around it, but no way....up.   :o 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

My uncle took me there on our way to Alaska, we got out of the truck and couldn't hear anything but chainsaws, I said something to the effect of we better look quick I think they're cutting it down.  ;D  Some of the old "original" ladders were still there, I'm with you Lynn, perfectly happy just to admire it from the ground.

Magicman

I remember seeing those ladders perched in high places where climbers tried various routes to reach the top.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

volcano that the lava froze in and the earth eroded from around the core.  Kids and I were there a little over 20 years ago.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Jeff

This week....the last installment of Wyoming pictures. All about the North American Pronghorn. They're commonly referred to as an antelope... but they aren't really classified as an antelope. They do have some other names they're known by....Prairie Goat (they aren't really goats either).....Sage Goat (they eat it, and live in it)...Speed Goat (cause they're fast)...Speed Bump (they get hit in the road a lot).... and some more "colorful" names some ranchers use that I'll leave out. They're known as the second fastest land critter (behind the cheetah) with speeds of more than 50 mph and the  black outer "case" of their horns fall off and regrow every year. A BIG pronghorn weighs around 140 pounds and they're fairly territorial. We saw them almost everywhere from the western side of South Dakota through eastern Wyoming.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jeff

This week......an uncommon (for around here, this one was on Gull Lake) Common Loon.

(Note from Jeff: Rodney lives in Southern Michigan, so while the Loon is not so common for him, up here, they are quite common. Our house here in Harrison is under a Loon flyway from nesting to feeding lakes. We hear and see them right over the house most every morning and evening during the time they are in the North.)

Jeff

This week....just before deer season, it's all about deer. First up, it's the time of year bucks do stupid stuff trying to keep track of their girlfriends. Like, bed down in the middle of a two track in the middle of the day. Then, a successful hunter photo Craig Palmer shared.

WmFritz

I saw that youth hunter last week.
I love it!

I wonder if he realizes he broke a tie rod on his front suspension?  :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Jeff

I've been up here at the cabin for some time now, and it just dawned on me that I have never shared Rodney's photos that I have enjoyed everyday I am here. They are framed originals that he gave us almost twenty years ago. Rodney killed the first Bear that was ever shot here on the property as well. so his picture is on the wall here to. From 1996 I think. Back when we were young. Ger.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

All the pics are very good Jeff.....but the first pic of the mom taking care of her young........thats a trophy!  :)

sandhills

Jeff

This week.....Another "can you find me" photo. Cheaters can scroll to the bottom of the email for help. And, at the old Upjohn Farms in Richland (now Zoetis Farms) an employee plows corn stubble off Gull Road, much to the delight of hundreds of....you guessed it...gulls.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jeff

This week......somehow this seemed fitting. An eastern turkey flying into a cornfield. Wild turkeys prefer to walk/run, but will fly to avoid obstacles (this one was flying over a creek) and into trees at night to roost. They're pretty noisy and clumsy getting in and out of trees sometimes, but they can fly up to 55 mph. Happy Thanksgiving!

tule peak timber

And happy  Thanksgiving from some of the gang at Tule Peak Timber....
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Thank You Sponsors!