iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mr. Bob Cat

Started by Faron, December 20, 2005, 12:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemlockKing

After a fresh snow I see bobcat tracks everywhere around here, ive even seen a kill spot and how far it had pounced to get this hare(it was around 3-4 meters). I haven't actually seen one though, I always know they are close though, one of these days I will probably cross one, hopefully it won't bite my hand... 
A1

Ron Scott

They can do a number on the hand; the chest also. ;)
~Ron

stavebuyer

Trotting down the county road.

Texas Ranger

Quote from: doctorb on September 08, 2018, 03:13:28 PM
I have spent a fair amount of my free time outdoors and have never seen one.  It's on my bucket list. Thanks for the pics.
doctob, i spent my life out doors and have seen more cougars (Local know it all says we don't have any) than bobcats, they are stealthy and not day light ramblers in general.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

HemlockKing

Apparently we have eastern cougar here in ns, sightings in the last 20 years. Although not common at all. Pretty sure they're common in New Brunswick though so not a stretch they are here. I would not want to cross one, by the time you notice one of those things it's too late and already pounced on your chest 
A1

Hilltop366

I have seen a bobcat in our yard and one at the camp as well as one or two crossing the road while driving (to be clear I was driving and the bobcat was crossing the road)

All I have is a blurry picture at the camp.

Old saw fixer

According to our squirrel sheriff agency we have no cougars here.  However, there have been too many game cam pics and eyeball sightings by sober people to believe that story.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

HemlockKing

Quote from: Old saw fixer on September 11, 2021, 10:14:52 AM
According to our squirrel sheriff agency we have no cougars here.  However, there have been too many game cam pics and eyeball sightings by sober people to believe that story.
I think DNR around here knows they are around but don't want to encourage any poaching or people soughting them out, since they hardly have a foothold here anyway, they were believed to be main predators of the maritimes though pre colonization, except NFLD.
A1

Tacotodd

For the longest time our GFC said that we don't have any, now they've said that we ONLY have males that pass through. Well I for 1 am NOT going to just be decimated by a passerby if it decides to attack. They say that we don't have females, do they trap them & if so why did it take so long to change the story?! Things that make you go hhmmm! Yeah, I believe THAT!!! If I elaborate my thoughts anymore then I'll be suspended at the LEAST.
Trying harder everyday.

beenthere

Doubt very much that they will attack you.. 

See them often on the trail cameras and have no fear of them at all. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

HemlockKing

Quote from: beenthere on September 11, 2021, 01:33:19 PM
Doubt very much that they will attack you..

See them often on the trail cameras and have no fear of them at all.
Unless you're near her young ones 
A1

SwampDonkey

Only wild cats I've seen up here is lynx. Been in a lot of woods, remote woods, never seen any cougar sign anywhere here. I have seen fresh cougar tracks in British Columbia, and been growled at from the bushes by same cat I assume. I made for the motor yacht we were lodging on while working remotely. Nothing to kid about. :D

Here's a lynx, Ralph, just sun'n. ;D

sleeping kitty. :D :D

tracks of another, a 16 foot leap.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!