iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood Processor

Started by wilcox_11, September 05, 2014, 03:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilcox_11

Was wondering what everyone is using for a firewood processor? Looking into getting one but unsure of the brand. thanks shawn

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

A brief browse through the Firewood and Wood Heating forum will kick up some good reading for you.

One is
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,74630.0.html

A bit of info about what you have in mind will certainly give others a better chance to help you answer your question.
What you expect out of a processor and what you figure you can invest would also be helpful.

Otherwise it is just "who is happy with what they have" and likely most are happy with their decision. IMO
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

cutter88

Home made pto driven chain driven saw feed deck 40 tun 4 way splitter, chain drive finished product conveyor with circular saw... Cuts about 2.5 to 3 face cord per hour... Not crazy fast but a lot less labor
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

stumpjumper83

Dyna sc-16, saw motor upgrade, attached conveyor.  Does 6 face cord per hour with one man loading the deck with a small excavator and running the processor.

glassman_48

wilcox_11,
Where are you from?  I use a twister 20-16 firewood processor, it has a 38 hp kohler motor and an attached conveyor.  Mine will take up to 20' long logs and 16" diameter logs.  Mine is rated at 2 pulp cords per hour.  I use mine mostly for mobile processing.  If your in Michigan your welcome to stop and look at mine.  If I can ever figure out how to put a picture on here I will post some of my operation.   

Thank You Sponsors!