iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flash Hydrogen Generator

Started by SwampDonkey, July 23, 2004, 04:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Frank_Pender

Geee Virginai, I guess there really is a free lunch after all. ;D
Frank Pender

sprucebunny

Well.. in 100 days we'll know if they're kidding or not. Mark your calanders!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

GF

Coleman Powermate has a fuel cell generator that uses hyrdrogen as the fuel and the waste product is water.  Check this link out http://www.ballard.com/pdfs/29%20Coleman.PDF, also have heard that alot of the remote cell phone towers is remote desert areas etc are using fuel cell technology to power them.

GF

Read some info about a year on the fuel generators on how they pass the hydrogen through a membrane and it seperates the the +'s out (and all that scientific stuff)  the best part is there is only a membrane in the unit no moving parts to wear out, according to the specs as long as keep adding hyrdogen it will run forever.

Buzz-sawyer

Hi GF ,
The membranes and stack can and do need maintenance,

and the things are neat....most current real world applications run on some kind of hydrocarbon ...which easily is converted to electricty, with heat as the by product.....really very simple technology.....I tried to get one in 1999, for home energy production....using proppane....they said they would be in chain stores by 2001....still waiting
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Ron Wenrich

Call me skeptical.  BP and the other oil companies have started to invest in hydrogen technology.  Iceland is producing hydrogen at stand alone plants.  They've been doing research at leading universities all over the world for years.

Meanwhile, some guy comes up with something that is light years ahead of the money and the brains.  He has a system that will produce hydrogen on the fly and developed it in his basement when no one was looking.  News like this would be headline making, not on some website.

If you look over the site, this guy is also looking for investors and distributors.  The guy's name is William Alexander and he is from St Louis.  Scam or not, only time will tell.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Buzz-sawyer

I have been fairly closely involved with this issue for years, fuel cells are by no means NEW technology, (circa 60s-70s space use applications).....
I have come to a crystal clear conclusion......
    as  stated"this guy is also looking for investors and distributors"

All that is actually happening in this industry is people tying to generate buzz....write papers, send letters....ABOVE all get investors!!!!!!
My point...ALL flash NO substance....
Many broken promises, NO viable products
Does it work...yes and NO...why isnt it available....let the conspiracy theories begin!

As to emerging Tech. it is all Pure snake oil.....

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Mark M

It usually requires a lot of energy to separate hydrogen from water. Iceland has a lot of geothermal energy they are using to do this if I remember correctly. Would be nice if someone came up with something but I'm not holding my breath.

Now if only I could make my own nitrous oxide then I would by HAPPY. 8)

SwampDonkey

hmmmm, lookie an identicle sight under another sheep skin

http://www.greaterthings.com/

and low and behold....the man behind the myth.......or reality?

http://www.sterlingdallan.com/

....the creator of the website above.

My personal take? Same as all you folks, hog wash. Only keep the hog when ya throw out the water. ;)

I found all this info on another forum earlier today, so I can't take cedit. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

GF

Pretty much like everything else, have to see it to believe it.  The looking for investors caught my eye also, not quite sure why he explains the unit for a car is $600 and a whole house is $10,000 and he wants investors?

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Good one CK!

etat

Thought so. :)  Made me a bit nervous for a bit knowing you could see a picture of anyone's driver license, anywhere.  Good way to find out what somebody looks like though! ;D
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

SwampDonkey

8)

I think that is how some folks have been conned into giving their Visa Info to identity thefts. Its quite common with imposters representing paypal.com. Only if your on the ball, you'll notice that their url is something other than paypal.com . The scam asks you to verify your credit card number and submit the info on an online form. This was ingenius, because paypal.com does ask you to verify your info periodically. ;)

SwampDonkey

That reminded me of another scam started recently, or maybe its new to me, dunno.

But, I received in the mail a form to fill out asking me to register my internet domain with the National domain registry and for an annual subscription it was $169 to do this. Hmmm, I'm already registered through Yahoo which includes several email accounts for about the same price. Why would I want to pay them an extra $169 annually. So I toss it into file 13 with the rest of the rubbage. :D

florida

Looks like every other scam out there. I don't believe for a moment that was a real question and answer  session either. Everything reads like a script.  Here's a good article on how to recoginize scams like this one.
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/signs.html
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Cedarman

Do you think that article is enough to make people quit reading their horrorscopes?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

VA-Sawyer

Hey ! I think I just saw Elvis !    :D

Furby

Where ???
Has he left the building ??? ??? ???
 :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!