iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally got it, loader trailer

Started by Wallys World, September 02, 2014, 11:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallys World

Finally went last Friday morning to Ridgeview New Holland in Orange, VA an picked up my new Wallenstein Timber Talon trailer. It is the smaller one designed to be pulled by an ATV, small tractor or truck. It has surge brakes on it and the 6.5hp power pack for the hydraulics. It is the highway version with a hydraulic sliding axle to balance the load out with. It will pick up 800 pounds at 9.5 feet. Hauls 5000 pounds. I tested it out on Saturday some, does well for its size. My little Kubota handles it good.

Came with a free flatbed and post hole auger for the boom.

Test pick.

First load of firewood logs coming out.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Wallys World

I plan on pulling my loads to the woods roads and picking them up from there to go to the firewood pile or our sawmill. I can use the truck for that work and keep the winch on the Kubota for skidding. Also I plan on using it to get firewood for the church's wood ministry, I can take our other truck to pull the dump trailer and load logs in that and the Wallenstein and go to the church's wood lot with them.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

beenthere

That was quite a transformation from the next to last pic and the last one. Where did the floor go and where did the side rack bars come from??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Wallys World

If you look at the flatbed, there is are 2 square holes in the floor where the grapple can reach in and clamp the bed. The bed has 4 corner posts that fit down into the trailer frame also where the log supports fit into. You pull the retaining pins lift up the bed and place it away and then install your log supports.

Wallys World

I would have never purchased the flatbed and post hole auger, but Wallenstein had a special promo on them - FREE!

barbender

You may get pretty attached to that auger attachment. I would, anyways ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Wallys World

I've already been looking at where I need fence posts put up, a lttle small hole rather than a large one using the backhoe!

Ljohnsaw

That is a really slick trailer! With both the flat bed and the auger - way cool.  Only for me, I'd probably end up bending one of the corner posts and never get the flat bed to fit again :-\
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ozarkgem

that is sweet. How about a pic of the auger in action. The flat bed will be very handy also. Hauling stacks of lumber comes to mind.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

John Mc

That looks like just what I've been dreaming about.

If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for it? Probably beyond my budget, but who knows... maybe I've got an ailing rich uncle I don't know about who has me in his will.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

brendonv

Congrats. I use my grapple trailer for so many projects is amazing. Cant live without it.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

sumday

That is one awesome trailer. I'll keep my eyes open for it on the road. I'm over on the other side of town in the Forest/Goode area.

mad murdock

Congratulations on the loader/trailer.  That is one nice looking piece of equipment 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

North River Energy

After a while, you'll begin to wonder how you ever managed without a crane.

What's with the extra cylinder mounts on the top half of the stick?

Wallys World

John Mc - I ended up paying $17250, more than I ever thought I would spend on a loader.
North River - Wallenstein also makes backhoe, this looks like the bottom arm on a backhoe.
Sumday - I get all over picking up wood for the church wood ministry. either with the red Ford diesel or the Chevy with the 10000 pound dump trailer and now with the loader.

chester_tree _farmah

Quote from: Wallys World on September 03, 2014, 04:02:49 PM
John Mc - I ended up paying $17250, more than I ever thought I would spend on a loader.
North River - Wallenstein also makes backhoe, this looks like the bottom arm on a backhoe.
Sumday - I get all over picking up wood for the church wood ministry. either with the red Ford diesel or the Chevy with the 10000 pound dump trailer and now with the loader.

Probably wouldn't take much to rig it up with a bucket. Add stabilizers and some sides and u can start moving dirt with it. Sweet. :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Ed_K

Nice setup  8) . You'll get that paid back real quick.
Add a 2" receiver hitch to the winch about a foot up from the bottom,and you can take it right to the tree.
Ed K

John Mc

I saw on Wallenstein's web site that the special was to either get the post hole auger and flatbed, or a free backhoe kit and dump box.  Special ended today, however.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

sumday

Wallys World - which church is the firewood ministry with?

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Wallys World

Sumday,
The church is Rustburg Baptist Church. We mostly serve Rustburg, Gladys, Brookneal and Altavista areas in wood. We gather from all over. Last year we did 66 loads, a load is usually 16" x 4 x 8. See our video at http://vimeo.com/91366942 . If you have the need to help us cut or whatever PM me and I will fill you in on the details.

Wallys World

Here are some pictures of the Timber Talon at work.

Loading already cut chucks into the dump trailer.

I put the dump trailer next to the Timber Talon to load. This wood is for our church's firewood ministry.

Unloading at the church wood yard.

Our wood supply.
Last year we did 66 loads out. A load is a pickup truck or my 6 x 10 dump trailer with a center load divider heaped up and stacked at the ends.

David-L

Nice looking set up. Your back will be real happy with this tool. I don't know how I made it without my trailer and grapple. Use it all the time. Good luck with the firewood ministry, sounds like a truly needed cause.

David l

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!