iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wish everything was build like a Twister Firewood Bundler

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, September 02, 2014, 04:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

We i finally did it. After over 4 years of bundling, and well over 100,000 bundles through the machine, I finally wore out a part on my Twister firewood bundler.

One of the alignment disks that center the roll of shrink wrap finally wore thin and needed to be replaced.

Not bad, having to replace a $20 part every 100,000 plus bundles. Thank you Chuck at Twister Industries for making such a quality machine and for the quick part replacement.

May be looking to get a second machine this winter now that we picked up another 30+ customers in the past 3 months, and I can assure you, we will buy another twister when we get one.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

r.man

A well thought out well made practical machine is a beautiful thing.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

glassman_48

busy beaver,
I have a manual bunder of twisters, it is so heavy duty, we can barely drag it around to move it.  He started building those back in the early 90's he told me.  He got tired of string tying the bundles he was making for his dad.   Cant wait to get my signs!!

CRThomas

Quote from: Busy Beaver Lumber on September 02, 2014, 04:19:06 PM
We i finally did it. After over 4 years of bundling, and well over 100,000 bundles through the machine, I finally wore out a part on my Twister firewood bundler.

One of the alignment disks that center the roll of shrink wrap finally wore thin and needed to be replaced.

Not bad, having to replace a $20 part every 100,000 plus bundles. Thank you Chuck at Twister Industries for making such a quality machine and for the quick part replacement.

May be looking to get a second machine this winter now that we picked up another 30+ customers in the past 3 months, and I can assure you, we will buy another twister when we get one.
Quote from: r.man on September 03, 2014, 07:39:39 AM
A well thought out well made practical machine is a beautiful thing.
Glad to hear that We do about 65000 bundles a year on a different name machine but it is made in the USA I have two Hudsons But I am looking to buy nother brnd to go with longer bundles for 18 inch wrap any info would like to know

Busy Beaver Lumber

You can adjust the front bundle support in or out on the twister to make shorter or longer bundles. I run 12" wrap on  mine. Don't image it would be too difficult for Chuck at Twister to make a custom machine with longer arms and longer shrink wrap mounting post. Give him a shout. He is very down to earth and easy to deal with and a true man of his word.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Thank You Sponsors!