iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

GOOD and tired

Started by Darrel, September 02, 2014, 12:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

It sure feels good to be tired from doing something I enjoy so much!  Yep I've been bit hard by the sawdust bug. Took 2 days to saw the first log. Had to fix a few things and make some adjustments and the like. Not knowing what I was doing didn't help it get done any quicker. 2nd log only took an hour, then stickering it didn't take very long at all. I'll figure out how many board feet when the sun comes up, right now, I think I'll head for bed. Good night.
Darrel
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

thecfarm

Talk about burning the midnight oil.  ;D
What are you building?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

A few more Birthdays will teach you to pace yourself better.   :D  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Darrel

Sorry to disappoint you, no burning of the midnight oil here. I live on the west coast and it was only 9:40 when I posted this. But dark is dark I suppose.  ;D
1992 LT40HD

thecfarm

It showing 12:40 on this side of the USA.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Sometimes it is hard to stop, but little fixes will allow us to slow down.   Sounds like you got the bug for sure.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Darrel

I have no internet where I live, so don't get to post much. The hydrolic blade tensioner sprang a leak, needs O rings. Lubeing the thing up and servicing it. Doing a complete alignment. The firewood cutter across the fence gave me an ugly oak log 10 ft long and 42 inches on the big end. He laughed and said it would be good practice.  I kinda think that the ugly log looked like too much work to him. I'll be back home by the weekend and hope take pictures to post.   

After I practice on the ugly log, I'll come back here to my father-in-law's and slice up his logs. Redwood, oak, walnut, and whatever else he decides to cut down.
1992 LT40HD

Magicman

If your blade tensioner is like mine, it takes "square" O rings.  My piston was pitted, (which caused the O ring failure)  so the rebuild kit fixed mine.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Darrel

My O rings are square too, but my pistons aren't pitted. Somebody put in a round O ring and it failed. So if I can't find a round O ring, I'll be getting the rebuild kit.
1992 LT40HD

Magicman

I would not think that the round O ring would have enough surface to contain the pressure.  The square one is "captured" within the housing which gives it the ability to do it's job so probably a rebuild kit is in your future.  It seems like I remember that you can get the kit without the replacement piston.

Darrel

The local hydrolic shop doesn't carry the O rings I need, so I'll be getting the kit with or without the pistons.
1992 LT40HD

Thank You Sponsors!