iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hot Hot Hot!!

Started by Kevin_H., July 22, 2004, 12:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

Man O Man is it hot...We were out cutting power poles at 6am trying to beat the heat, had to quit at noon, between the sun and creosote I was on fire...

And this is on the north side of the house in the shade.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

RavioliKid

Yeowch!

Get in the shade and drink lemonade.
RavioliKid

etat

Cresote, number one rule, don't touch your face.  Even if you got dust on it, if you touch it it will go deeper.  Especially with gloves. We used to tear off them old flat hot tar roofs that had pitch mixed with the tar.  Most of them roofs was dried out and brittle and made for horrible days.  Mostly refused to do em in hot weather.  Help would drop out like flies.  Turn yer head and they'd be gone.  At the time I was working for someone else.  I wouldn't touch a pitch roof now.  Not many of em left anyway.  Tar doesn't have cresote in it anymore.

Guy was working with us running the wheelbarrow.  Dumping it off the roof into a dump truck.  The updraft would blow the dust back up in his face.  I TOLD him and Told him, "QUIT WIPING YOUR FACE".  He wouldn't wear glasses or a shield.  By dinner his eyes had swelled shut and he couldn't see.  I took him back to the shop and had him clean his hands with hand cleaner.  As I said, he was about blind.  Then I filled his hands full with dish detergent and told him to take his hands straight to his face and rub the detergent into his eyes.  I 'figgured',  ;D it'd cut the cresote.   :)Then a couple of bottles of eyedrops. He *DanG near about died but by the time dinner was over I had him back to where he could see. He finished the day.

I would have bet a thousand dollars he wouldn't show back up at work the next day.  I'd a lost.  When I started my own business I hired him and he worked for me for years.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Kevin_H.

Most of the time I turn down these kinda jobs, but every once and a while I feel sorry for someone who cant get there poles sawed up so I give in...Then after I'm done I swear to never do it again.  ;D

To make it even worse we were cutting 26 foot poles on a 21 foot woodmizer...Makes for a long day.

I gots my burnt ankles sitting on top of the air cond. vent as I type..

Gotta replace the altenator on the WM, but I think I will wait until about 8pm, when it cools off, until then it's air cond. and Ice cold cherry coke.  ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Rocky_J

I don't think my AC could keep my house at 75.5* in the heat of the day. We've been working short days lately, only worked till 12:30 today and I about died. Still whipped from yesterday. Good news is I have one more short day and then I'm taking most of next week off. I have one job for next wednesday and I'm not going to go looking for more.

Bibbyman

It was only about 95 here today but the heat index was 105.  As I came down the drive this afternoon in the ol' Roadmaster,  Mary was helping some ol'gentelman load up some cedar.   Don't know what he was doing out in the heat of the day but there he was grabin' a couple of boards at a time.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Corley5

Supposed to be in the mid forties here for the next two nights ;)  Dad and I were at an auction tonight and were wishing we'd brought our jackets along by 8PM  ::)  It hit 91 here yesterday
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ron Wenrich

This is the hottest part of July, and we are barely in the 80s.  We've only had 1 day that has touched 90.  A very cool and wet summer for us in PA.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

ksu_chainsaw

Wish it was that cool here.

Our highs have been 115+ and it only gets down in the 80's at night.  We put a thermometer out in the sun, and it only went to 130, and it shot the top off of it.  I think that I am going to freeze to death when i come home.  Right now, the wife says that the highs are only in the 90's

Charles

Mark M

It's currently 71 in Bismarck, 32% humidity.

I don't know what we did to diserve this nice weather but it sure is nice. Think I leave work early today and do a little sawing.

Thank You Sponsors!