Got my new MP-32 sawmill !!!

Started by jarheadmon61, August 30, 2014, 01:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarheadmon61

Recently brought home my new MP-32
Sawmill!! Cut my first log just the other day and the saw performs just as described !! Cut my first beautiful oak beam! Wow, I'm excited about all the lumber I'm going to cut and the list of projects I've been dreaming about for years! Thanks To Billy at Cooks Saw for his help and for a great transaction! Thanks to everyone there at Cooks Saw for making a great product and for making my dreams come true!

planerofwood

Hello Jarheadmon61, I too have been considering a Cook mill, How long did it take to build and what features does it have.
Thanks, Steve

thecfarm

@jarheadmon61,welcome to the forum,even if I am a little late. Missed ya the first time around. What's the plan for the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

PineNut

When I bought my MP32, I got it with one of their packages. This included the trailer package, 12 volt head up & down, 12 volt forward & reverse, 12 volt loading winch & turner and the log loader ramps. Since I have a tractor with FEL, I only use the loader ramps on large logs. I also use the FEL and a chain to turn the large logs. The winch needs a little help winch turning a larger log. For the smaller logs, I just use a cant hook. I also got a 22 foot bed, which is used occasionally. Another item that I use frequently and I would highly advise getting if you are going to cut 8 foot and shorter logs is an extra squaring arm and log clamp. As supplied, the mill will cut an 8 foot log but it has to be positioned in a very precise location.

This is a very good mill if you are not trying to make production rates. If you have a large amount to saw, don't even consider anything without hydraulics.

For delivery, I would recommend taking a long day and go and pick it up at the factory. Plan on spending several hours at the factory so you can tour the plant and get a good introduction to use and maintenance of your mill.

jarheadmon61

Thanks for the welcome, cfarm ! I plan to first build a house for the saw and next a workshop.

planerofwood, it takes about 3 months for saw to be built with a $1000 deposit, the remainder due when u pickup. Mine has the 12v electric up down and 20ft cut, electric winch. In hindsight I would do as pinenut did and add the third squaring arm and log clamp. I have already run into issues with that when trying to cut shorter logs. Mine is manual forward and reverse which I don't mind but make sure you don't mind walking  and pushing frequently. Although It's good excersize and it beats paying for a gym membership! Otherwise you can add the 12v forward and reverse!

burdman_22

5 years (and COVID) later they are up to about 84 weeks of lead time before mills are finished :( 

farmfromkansas

I would like to buy power feed for my mp 32, but can't get them to talk to me about it right now.  Getting older and weaker.  Have a bunch of logs to saw, getting so I need help getting much done. Power feed would help a lot. I have the 3rd clamp, helps on small logs. Using pallets also helps a lot, saw, sticker right there on a pallet.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Gere Flewelling

I have the factory installed power feed on my 4 year old MP-32.  I have a wiring diagram in my packet of info that came with my mill.  I would be happy to help you  anyway I can to build one on yours.  I suspect most of the components are available from Surplus Center.  If you are interested I would be happy to look over my system to count teeth on sprockets or find part numbers for electrical switch's.  Even take measurements on my mill if that would help.  Good luck!
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4