iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Calling all Bluecreeper fans!

Started by Jeff, August 30, 2014, 10:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

For getting things loose that are rusted or tight, I use Bluecreeper in place of Kroil. That was my go-to penetrating oil for many years. Used gallons of it.

For lubing things I use it in place of a very fine oil (never thought 3in1 was a fine oil, as it would make things stick together after a short time). WD-40 I use more as a cleaner, but it will help things slip better too. Not as well as the Bluecreeper.

PB Blaster, to me, is just for cleaning off grease, etc. or killing bees. Never have been much of a fan for PB.

No experience or have ever heard of zoomspout or Lucas (except Lucas racing teams).

I'm confident you will be amazed as so many others are, after you give the Bluecreeper a shot.

As an aside, I was impressed with its abilities before I ended up with my fathers 1964 JD 110 lawn tractor that my younger brother has stored outside in AR. He asked me if I would restore it. I said yes, and when I got it I couldn't believe how bad and rusted it turned out to be. I proceeded to take it completely apart. After twisting off two bolts, I picked up Bluecreeper and put a drop or two on those that remained. One behind the nut and one on the threads of the bolt in the nut. Within 2 hours, or the next day, a wrench turned them right off. Not even a squeak.

The time I gave a bottle to my Stihl dealer, and he reported back how it was loosening up the small screws on the carburetors that sometimes gave him fits. This summer I stopped by and he was working on his 30+ yr old haybine that had blown a bearing and he was using heat and a wheel puller to try to remove a sprocket from an inch and half shaft. It wouldn't budge, and he said he had some good licks with a maul and it wouldn't move. I asked if he'd tried the Bluecreeper. He said he hadn't thought about it, but would. Next day it was off. Said he put some in the set screw hole and the next day the wheel puller slipped it right off.

It just flat out works.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Compensation

Hahaha killing bees! I guess I will give that a try and save my Carb cleaner and roman candles. Well it sounds like I might end up with a refill bottle shaped like a spray bottle. About to order.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

thecfarm

I like the value pack. At this time,I would not use the spray bottle. But I don't need to cover a wide area either. I just need to loosen a bolt,nut. Or remove the handle out of a plastic rake.  ;D    That needle point works great. It goes where you want,not 2-3 inches around the area,like the cans of WD 40.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

martyinmi

Quote from: beenthere on August 30, 2014, 10:09:14 PM

PB Blaster, to me, is just for cleaning off grease, etc. or killing bees. Never have been much of a fan for PB.

I'm with ya on PB Blaster. That stuff is useless as far as I'm concerned. We haven't used it on the farm in 7 or 8 years now. It is one of those products that gives me a headache almost the instant I smell it.
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Jeff

This topic has been kinda like the request to members topic where I was asking for a little block. One of the most viewed and posted on topics on the forum but it took 8 years to full a 3' by 12' area even though we have almost 20 thousand members.  So far this topic has three pages of replies and going on 400 views, yet we only have 4 reviews. Its not like you have to go to the wood shop and make a one inch thick square block and mail it somewhere this time. In fact, you never have to leave your seat for this request.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

boscojmb

Hi,
I just tried to order some Bluecreeper. The shopping cart does not let me enter a shipping address. It can not be shipped to the billing address of my credit card. You may also want to run spell check on "Distributers" (link next to Home).  ;D
Thanks,
John
John B.

Log-Master LM4

Jeff

Quote from: boscojmb on August 31, 2014, 10:25:05 PM
Hi,
I just tried to order some Bluecreeper. The shopping cart does not let me enter a shipping address.  ;D
Thanks,
John

Sure it does. As soon as you fill out your address, and your bulling address, on the next screen you will see
a link that that says "Deliver to a different address", then it gives you the ability to add a different shipping address. 
Perhaps you were blinded by the typo... ;)

thecfarm

Come on guys review!!!!!! We all need help promoting our business. Be it a sawmill,logging,lumber or whatever you have.Help out a small company.  ;D
Who knows,you might even get a brownie.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

timberlinetree

Though this stuff was for blue mold on pine but now that I know what it is I'll get some. Marcia will have to order it for me since I don't know how to. Is it sold in stores?
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

thecfarm

Click onto the Bluecreeper logo back on page one. There is a list of distributors on the top. There are 2 in MA and some in NH.

sandhills

Sorry Jeff, used your instructions but still couldn't post it, I'll have my (much smarter than me) daughter show me how to do it tonight.

Jeff

I don't see any account for you. You have to create an account to login and do a review. It costs nothing to create an account.

Tam-i-am

check out the video ElectricAl made.

He certainly uses it on all kinds of things!

http://youtu.be/MYIRk-hDe9Y

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

boscojmb

Quote from: Jeff on September 01, 2014, 01:04:01 AM

Sure it does. As soon as you fill out your address, and your bulling address, on the next screen you will see
a link that that says "Deliver to a different address", then it gives you the ability to add a different shipping address. 
Perhaps you were blinded by the typo... ;)

Got it ordered.
Thanks,
John B.

Log-Master LM4

Bibbyman

Quote from: Tamiam on September 01, 2014, 02:26:18 PM
check out the video ElectricAl made.

He certainly uses it on all kinds of things!

http://youtu.be/MYIRk-hDe9Y

He missed a spot.

I found out way back when Rust Reaper came out that it worked good on the blade wheel cover bolts and nuts.  I was using ATF but found I had to wire brush the threads and reapply about every month.   With BlueCreeper,  the nuts would spin free from 6 months to a year.  Another drop and they're good for another 6 months to year.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

trapper

Would it work on the felt of the rail wipers on the mill instead of ATF?
Also would it damage the plastic cover of my hoophouse if I use it on the zipper?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

thecfarm

This is what they told me, 
Bluecreeper is great for plastic parts too as it doesn't harm plastics.
Here's the thread on it.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,75556.0.html

Magicman

Quote from: trapper on September 02, 2014, 12:17:08 AMWould it work on the felt of the rail wipers on the mill instead of ATF? 
It would be much too expensive to use it for that. (at least for me)   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tam-i-am

Thanks for all the input!  Now I have bunch of new reviews and testimonials for the website and ideas to share on Facebook.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Bibbyman

I can report another Bluecreeper success story. 

I have a Marlin 1894 rifle that is over 100 years old. It's been in my gun safe for over 20.  I recently had time to get it out and shoot it.  When I went to clean it,  I came to the conclusion the gun had never been taken completely apart.  All screws broke loose easy enough but one.  I have good gunsmith screwdrivers and used as much pressure as I thought wise but that screw wouldn't budge.  Rather than risk "buggering" up the screw or worse yet, breaking it off,  I soaked the screw any place I could with Bluecreeper.   I worked around the part I couldn't get out and reassembled the gun.  I put it back in the safe.  I got it out yesterday and took it apart again.  Again with the right screwdriver,  I used firm force and the screw broke loose with no damage.   

For someone who appreciates old guns, a buggered up screw is a real distraction.   Broken parts are hard to replace.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Andy White

Plane Rebuild
Last week, I acquired three Type 16 Stanley, Bailey planes from my sister. The #4 and the #6 are really rough. I just finished refurbishing the #5, and it works like a new one. The next is the #6. During disassembly, I twisted a frog retaining screw off about 1/4" above the sole boss. Had no Blue Creeper, so today I ordered a value pack. I will put it to the ultimate test when it arrives. If it does as good as claimed, I will have that one up and cutting in no time! I will post the results and pictures of it in action.       Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

boscojmb

Great service 8)
I ordered it over the long weekend. I had a tracking number before noon on Tuesday and had bottles of Bluecreeper sitting on my desk Wednesday morning.
I'm going to give it a try this weekend.
Can't get any faster service than that.  ;D
John B.

Log-Master LM4

Andy White

After last week,s plane restoration, I had two screws on a #6 Stanley, one broken off in the sole plate, and one frozen for the frog adjustment. Another fishing sinker if I can't get them out. My Blue Creeper value pack was in the mailbox Thursday, so here's to a good trial!! A few drops at lunch, and an hour later, fingers only, I backed the screw out of the sole plate!! The adjuster screw just took a slight turn of a screwdriver, and back in business!!!

This stuff is incredible!! I looked at the label, and it said "get stuff moving" so here goes another trial! I just reassembled my new dovetailing vice, and the acme screws were dry and tight on the handwheels. A few drops, and now the wheels will spin from open to close with one spin!  Smooth it is.

So to sum it up, I think Blue Creeper does everything it says, and then some. It will be "Top Shelf" in my shop from now on!! 8) 8) 8) 8)   Thanks Logrite!        Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

beenthere

Hard to beat that testimony.
But is what I would expect from the bluecreeper from what I've seen it do.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!