iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo Chainsaw Help

Started by Bud Man, February 23, 2002, 05:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Man

Recently dug out of garage 25 year old Echo chainsaw (Model # 701 SVL )=== Needless to say , it needs a tune-up but It also needs a couple of parts.=== Looked on Net and couldn't find web sight of much help.===  Got some well meaning folks but no answers to help in search for parts.===Anybody on the forum got an Echo web site that might help end my search for parts or possibly a good relationship with an Echo dealer that is not just totally  interested in selling a new saw.??? ===  Thanks in advance.
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Tillaway

What kind of parts specifically, I may be able to help you out.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Corley5

Throw it away and buy a Husky, Jonsered or Stihl :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bud Man

Greg == Don't think it falls into the junk category . Paid more than a few bucks for it 25 years ago and it was guite a feller of trees.  Has 80+ cc. weigh's about 17 pounds and has a 27" bar == while I guess it would quallify as a pretty good trot line weight I think I'll fix it and see if there's any above water use left in it before I toss.==    Tillaway-- I know I need the top handle replaced and from there all of the fuel lines etc. that would go into resurrecting a chainsaw that's been sleeping for 25 years.   Can get tune up local , it's the handle mostly.  Thanks !!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

DanG

Bud-Man, I have a brand new Echo saw that I'm real pleased with. Our dealer is kinda the chainsaw guru in these parts. If you can't find anything closer, I'll see if he can order the stuff for you.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bud Man

DanG   - I'm one of those that keeps owner manuals but haven't found the right shoe box on the closet shelf yet!!  Saw fits my purpose just fine , not looking to fell any Ponderosa pine or D. Fir etc. just trees under 30 to 36"'s .  When I find manual I'll know part # and we'll go from there. Thanks  !!

Tillaway

Hmmm.... 80cc Echo, don't believe I have ever seen one.  I have got a feeling I might have access to something that might work for your handle bar.  Can you post pictures showing the mounts, top and bottom, and a picture of what you have.  I have just got access to a pile of old saws and something in there might fit.  In fact I drug home a Stihl 066 and 084 tonight.  One or both may be runners and if that is the case, I just scored. yeaaaa 8)
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Bud Man

Tillaway==Will wipe off dust--find someone with Dig. cam  and post asap. Thanks  !!

J_T

Hey Bud M Find them parts yet ? Found a whole saw still trying to talk him out of it said will still run unless you lay it on side needs mufler. Haven't gave up yet.Been looking at junk yards thare they go for 40 or 50 cents lb maybe less .
Jim Holloway

Bud Man

J T --Dropped off at local shop to see how much life's left in the old dinosaur first. Thing's got a few strikes against it,  what with it having been born before OSHA. Has no safety  break, no spark arrestor etc.  When I get saw doctor's estimate will assess whether to operate or bury??  Will keep if at all possible.    Thanks for the help !!

J_T

Bud M some time people toss saws here at my junk yard .I just try not to loan my stuff to OSHA OR EPA EPA comers by every now an then as my neighbors ar anty junk yarders. If i get a hold of one of thes saws i will save it for you.Where you are from me i could almost toss it to you.
Jim Holloway

Bud Man

J T -- Didn't notice you were from Fulton. Been meaning to go there and look into a couple of folks with Fed. migratory bird licenses.  Wanted to get some Mandarin and Wood ducks for my yard. Will call first and kill two birds with one stone maybe??  Thanks Again !!

J_T

Bud M By any chance you talking agout Larry Roberts? He got more ducks than carter has liver pills .We went to the same christmas party. Just give me a yell an i will get the wife to fix some pees for supper. You welkom anytime.
Jim Holloway

Bud Man

J T   There's two duck hatcheries and they both got Fed.lic.'s --both on the Ky / Tn. line, one in each state.  Don't know their names off hand.  Probably wait till April and get some eggs to incubate(cheaper). Call before I come and buy ya a cup of coffee or sumpin-- and make sure you aren't playing with spolsives :D :D

John_Boisselier

Those parts may decide to be hard to find.  If you decide to use it for an anchor and find something else, I personally prefer stihls, but Baileys logging supply have some really phenominally good prices on huskies.  They have a physical location in Jackson, TN right on 45 or you can call them at 1-800-3Bailey.  Have fun.  John
The Woodsman

Thank You Sponsors!