iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what was this tool used for

Started by js2743, August 28, 2014, 05:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

js2743

What would this have been used for, If you notice the tines are offset from each side by about three looks like.

js2743

someone move this post i meant to put it in General section

kelLOGg

The offset is puzzling, as is the rest of it.

A. pick up bundles of mown hay?
B. serve spaghetti? ;D
. say_what
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've never seen one. I have a hay fork that size but not the twins.
Probably to pick up wheat or something like that.

Spaghetti?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sprucebunny

Fancy clam rake ???

The offset is to keep them guessing....
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

James MacDonald

Southern Maryland Clams are too small.  They would fall out. Must be for Texas clams!
You should see what I Saw

Timberking 2000, 1964 Hyster FL, Kabota 43DT w/grapple, Case 580C hoe and never enough Tools

mad murdock

Picking up bundles of briars?  Large salad fork ;D
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

SPD748

Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

ozarkgem

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Dave Shepard

POSTON uses that to pick up all the loose cash blowing around the mill after a slab sale.  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Dave Shepard on August 28, 2014, 08:03:37 PM
POSTON uses that to pick up all the loose cash blowing around the mill after a slab sale.  ;D

Thats funny....I don't know what that tool is used for but I'll give him 300 dollars for it!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

kelLOGg

Quote from: Dave Shepard on August 28, 2014, 08:03:37 PM

Slab sale? What's a slab sale? ;D People buy em? :D
My area is getting so yuppiefied I can't give em away.

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Cold weathers coming.....they'll be begging for them slabs!

beenthere

I would venture that it is for picking up ensilage in the silo, but it doesn't look very handy for anything.

They are two ensilage forks, as I see them (and used them many times).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pigman

It's for picking up soft drink cans. There is one on the ground ready to be plucked.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

kelLOGg,

I'll see your slab pile and raise you one  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: beenthere on August 28, 2014, 08:48:58 PM
I would venture that it is for picking up ensilage in the silo, but it doesn't look very handy for anything.

They are two ensilage forks, as I see them (and used them many times).

That's kind of what I was thinking also. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

js2743

it was posted on a facebook page and no one seems to know what it is, thought someone here might since we are pretty much from all over the country. i been thinking maybe used in the cotton industry back in the day but thats just a wild guess.

Peter Drouin

Picking hot rocks out of the fire  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Cedarman

Grabbing big fish as they swim by and letting the little ones get away.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Chuck White

As heavy as it's made, I wouldn't think it was designed to pick up stuff that's very heavy!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dave Shepard

Quote from: WDH on August 28, 2014, 10:17:42 PM
kelLOGg,

I'll see your slab pile and raise you one  ;D.

I'll raise you two! About 60 hours of sawing in this pile. Those are 30 footers on top.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

kevin19343

Thank You Sponsors!