iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good ole potatoe soup

Started by bluffman2, August 28, 2014, 05:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluffman2

GOOD OLE POTATO SOUP
SERVES 16-20 PEOPLE

LEGOUT CREAM SOUP BASE (1 BAG YIELDS 1 GALLON)
VEG SEASONING BLEND (ONIONS, BELL PEPPER, CELERY DICED) 4 CUP
CANNED DICED POTATO DRAINED (1#10 CAN)
CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP (1- 50 OZ CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP)
FRIED BACON CRUMBLES OR REAL BACON BITS
GREEN ONIONS
SHRED CHEDDAR CHEESE

ADD ONE PACK OF LEGOUT CREAM BASE TO ONE GALLON WARM WATER. GRADUALLY BRING TO A BOIL. MIX IN SEASON BLEND, POTATOES, AND CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP, ADD BACON CRUMBLES AND SOME BACON DRIPPINGS TO POT SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE SERVE WITH SHRED CHEDDAR CHEESE AND GREEN ONIONS.

VARIATIONS: ADD COOKED PEELED SHRIMP, BROCCOLI, CRABMEAT

Enjoy........I know this is a Forestry Forum but if anyone would like  certain type recipe, just ask as I am in the food industry and culinary guru

Shotgun

Bluff man, since you are in the food industry, I have a question.  Why do so many food producers include MSG?  Can't they build food without the use of a flavor enhancer?  My wife has a severe allergy to MSG. Life is difficult because of the way MSG is handled using so much MSG, and so many synonyms.

Thanks for any response.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

bluffman2

WIKI explains it better than I ever could so heres what they say!

Industrial food manufacturers market and use MSG as a flavor enhancer because it balances, blends and rounds the total perception of other tastes.

bottom line is a cheap additive (some foods naturally have some MSG ) but by adding it, it gives off a flavor that maximizes taste buds....its why you see alot of MSG on cheap buffets

yes they can build food without MSG but it will cost more and cut into their margins...just my .02

sprucebunny

I agree about MSG. I'd prefer to never see again.

I make potato soup quite often. I like it cold.

I cook potatoes in salted water and cool them. Peel if needed.
Put in blender with about ΒΌ- 1/3 their volume water and some chicken soup base. ( Better than Bullion brand is good)
Whir.
Add some scallions or onions or garlic. ( Supposed to use leeks)
Whir some more.
Add cream and sour cream and more water till it's how you want.
Could sprinkle with chives or parsley.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

luvmexfood

Never ran across anything made with potatoes I didn't like.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Chuck White

I like a soup with diced up potatoes and even some cut up snap beans added in!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!