iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This car built by high school students gets 901 mpg!

Started by fishpharmer, November 09, 2016, 11:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

maple flats

I don't think it looks like I'd fit in it very well. I'm not that flexible anymore.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Ianab

Pretty cool

I saw this one online the other day. Plug in hybrid that's rated at 1500mpg. Also sports a jet engine and up to 1000hp  :o  And 3 seats.

Might be a little easier to get into as well, although I can't seem to find a price tag. Suspect it would have a lot of zeros on the end.
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/03/techrules-shows-how-to-make-evs-interesting-just-add-a-jet-engine/
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

RazrRebel

A lot of those concept cars are cool, but not really useable. Around here, southwest Va. a coal truck would drive by, and that thing would be like an aluminum can getting blown around. They hype electrical vehicles all the time, but here none would be able to make it from my house 23 miles one way over two mountains to work. Batterys would never make it. Alternative vehicles are fine for a straight line, level, no wind, and no load. Completely unrealistic for real world use though.

fishpharmer

@Ianab  I am just seeing your post and link. Impressive!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!