iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

To wet to harvest, Western NY

Started by TerryWaite, August 25, 2014, 09:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerryWaite

I have around 140 acres in Catt. County and my forester tell me the buyers are not because it is to wet at this time.
Any comments.

Terry Waite

Terry Waite

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum

Quotetell me the buyers are not because it is to wet

Are not what?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

Its been pretty wet, if you want 3ft ruts feel free to find any local logger at the coffee shop. We have been slowly getting back in the woods, but anymore rain and we will be down again. Still 40+ cord behind.

CTL logger

I've been working in Catt county all summer, worst summer ever. Would've been worse if I didn't have a processor and forwarder, the grapple crew on the other part of job got sent packing 2 months ago. I don't see where the weather would effect interested parties most contracts are for a year or two. It could be worked sooner or later.

David-L

We have been lucky here in Mass but just north of us it very wet and the streams are swollen. The mills are needing wood up there.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

lumberjack48

When it got to wet to skid, i would fall and bunch trees together with the skidder. Then when it drys up or freezes up a guy can really pound the wood out.
I was on a 1000 cds of Aspen clear cut and to wet to skid. So i fell and bunched, i would fall 50 to 70 trees at a time, one tank of saw gas. Then jump on the skidder and push-em even, 6 to 10 trees in a bunch, nothing more then the skidder could pull. The best day i had i fell and bunched 546 trees, i wish i had pictures, looked like a feller buncher had done it.
All the other crews were setting, thats one thing i couldn't do is set.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

HiTech

WOW!!!! 546 trees felled and bunched. At 2 minutes a tree that is 18 hrs. Must have been a busy day. Would loved to have seen pictures of that.

Thank You Sponsors!