iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing pine

Started by Bruno of NH, August 24, 2014, 11:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Hi Guys ,
Loaded a big pine on the mill today .
29 inch diameter 11 ft long not the longest log yet but largest diameter.
I load the big logs with nylon chokers i feel that its safer for me and my mill .
im also cutting up some kd stickers today.
Thanks Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Thanks Peter
I watch how you guys do things .
Doing things safe and quality like .
Jim Bruno of nh
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

You are doing a nice job of demonstrating yourself.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Looks good. I put some inch marks on my log stops. I think I started at 4 inches and went to 8. I took off a half inch on each line. That way if I am sawing 6 inches and the log stop is at 6,it's really 5½ inches from the bunk. No guess if I am going to miss them that way. I see you use all three. I only use 2 at a time,one on each end.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Thecfarm
I marked my stops every inch
1 to 12 it's of on the saw scale by 1 inch so I won't cut into the stops
Saw set at 12 inch cut stops are at 11 inch works good .
Bruno

thecfarm

It sure does take the,I hope I have it low enough,out of the equation.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

I know that my absolute minimum, with the log-stops up is 11¼", and not a shaver lower!

Each year I do a complete alignment on my mill through the Winter and I always check that clearance each time too.  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!