iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood gasification, how to?

Started by gardenlog35, August 23, 2014, 11:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenlog35

hi there,

anyone here have any idea on how to design/modify a pallet burner into a more efficient gasification wood boiler. i have plans for a big pallet burner and i need some crucial design information on how to design the secondary burn chamber and other parts of the boiler. someone please help me out.

thanks

doctorb

I can't envision that standard OWB designs can be easily converted into gasification units.  I am sure that it has been done before, but I'll bet it's difficult. For your sake, I hope someone here proves me wrong.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

WmFritz

I've seen some very good homebuilt gassers, but the builders were fabricators by trade. It takes a lot calculating to get correct ratio's for firebox to gasifier nozzles and secondary chamber. Then the smoke tubes need to be sized with the amount of cfm's pushed through the unit. Don't forget that the secondary chamber needs a bypass.

I've seen discussions from folks who built nice efficient units, but they admitted that by the time they had them up and running, they could have bought a nice indoor gasser and built a shed for it, for the amount of money they spent.

It may help to work out some details if you want to post up some sketches of your ideas, if you drew the plans.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!