iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Linux, YouTube and Flash.

Started by Dave Shepard, August 23, 2014, 09:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I have been aggravated for about a year now with whatever version of Linux I am running not having the current Flash player, or maybe it's Firefox. Whenever I try to upload to the Forum or use YouTube in Firefox, I get a message that I need the latest Flash player. I click on the option but it never finds one. If I try to go to the Flash website, it tells me I can't access the site without the latest Flash. ?!?!?! Sometimes YouTube works just fine in Firefox, sometimes it seizes, or is jerky. I usually go to Chrome to upload pics or watch YouTube, but I really don't like it at all. Also, in Chrome, it only uploads in 144p, sometimes I can change it sometimes it just crashes. Any help with fixing the Flash or changing the settings in YouTube would be appreciated. Thanks.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Ianab

what version of Linux are you running?

I have various flavours of Ubuntu here, and the latest Kubuntu distribution has a a working Flash and Firefox, that auto updates. Some of the earlier versions didn't seem to have the right scripting and you had to do some command line magic to install Flash etc locally.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))