iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NeverWilts

Started by shinnlinger, August 21, 2014, 08:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnlinger

Hello,

Wanted to share a gift I made for my cousin who is getting married.  She is a dedicated crossfit practitioner and her husband is a carpenter who is also a gifted woodturner.  I used to make a lot of these when I lived in Oregon out of whatever I found lying around, but this one seemed to go together well even though it has been a few years since I have welded one up.  What was very rewarding for me was one of my daughters helped to pick out the different parts out of the scrap pile including the old auger bit (don't worry, the spur was busted off) and horseshoe for the center flower.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Magicman

That is very innovative.  Congrats to you and your Daughter.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

May I ask what the base was?  I bet it doesn't blow over either  ;D.

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

justallan1

Very cool conversation piece.

Allan

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

thecfarm

I always enjoy things like that. You have a good eye.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

shinnlinger

I collect rusty metal all the time and don't know what the base is other than cast iron which made welding to the high carbon auger bit and hay rake bit tricky (ended up with 7014 rod)
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Thank You Sponsors!