iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pavillion made from log photos

Started by DPForumDog, August 21, 2014, 05:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPForumDog

Attached is a photo of a pavilion.  The columns are made of logs and the railings are made branches.  How are these preserved?  Are they pressure treated with the bark on.   I would love something like that but I am concerned it would rot.

Granny DP
DP Forum Dog
lumber pro hd 36

DPForumDog

Granny DP
DP Forum Dog
lumber pro hd 36

WmFritz

I don't know how its done, but I'd sure like one in my backyard.

I don't think rot is a great concern because the overhangs on the eaves look long enough to keep most of the weather off.

I am curious if the posts were sterilized in a kiln to kill the bugs though.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Do we know the logs are real? I have seen reproduction logs that will blow your mind.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Not Sweetgum so they gotta be real.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 21, 2014, 10:26:29 PM
Do we know the logs are real? I have seen reproduction logs that will blow your mind.

That came to my mind too, David... I've seen VERY realistic looking fake logs too.
But, if these are imitations, with the knots and all, their even better then anything I've seen before.

We need verification from WDH.  ;D

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WmFritz on August 21, 2014, 11:02:41 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 21, 2014, 10:26:29 PM

We need verification from WDH.  ;D

But what if he turns out to be a reproduction of a Forester?  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!