iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer lt35 hd log loading cheat with a logrite

Started by mrector, August 19, 2014, 03:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrector

This past weekend I milled up a couple nice walnut logs and the big one was way to heavy to get on to loading arms with just the logrite. So I used one of magicmans tricks and used the hydraulic clamp to pull it that last lil bit onto the loading arms.

I shot a quik video.

Woodmizer lt35 log loading cheat logrite: http://youtu.be/kx3aUqKrSHs
Thanks Mikey
Woodmizer LT35HD25 brand new!
Stihl 044 and my favorite: ms260 pro
Homemade logging arch
Homemade hitch log picker-upper
DanG Deadheader log loading trailer.

mrector

Woodmizer LT35HD25 brand new!
Stihl 044 and my favorite: ms260 pro
Homemade logging arch
Homemade hitch log picker-upper
DanG Deadheader log loading trailer.

New Brunswick

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If you have a sawmill....and you have a log.....you will some how figure out how to make boards even if ya tear the DanG thing up.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

It works well doesn't it?   ???

I keep my engine running when the hydraulics are being used.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on August 19, 2014, 09:41:34 PM

I keep my engine running when the hydraulics are being used.   :)

While we're bragging......so do I.  :)

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ga Mtn Man

I discovered that if you hook a cable to the debarker blade and run the cable through a snatch block it makes a dandy winch for loading logs.  I'm sure I've got a video of that around here somewhere.  Really. ;D

Do not do this.  I have never actually tried it and it probably wouldn't work anyway (and may possible be slightly dangerous to you and your mill).
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Nomad

Mrector, I've done the same thing several times.  But I think it'd be a lot safer to order a hook from LogRite and do away with the peavey.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Jemclimber

Nomad,  could you elaborate on your safety concerns?  Do you think the cant hook shaft will bend?
lt15

Magicman

I use hooks.  (End tongs)

For turning.

And rolling.

And moving.

And loading.

Built from broken/discarded logging tongs.   :)

Nomad

Quote from: Jemclimber on August 20, 2014, 06:51:15 AM
Nomad,  could you elaborate on your safety concerns?  Do you think the cant hook shaft will bend?

No, but it's difficult to keep the peavey vertical without someone standing there to hold it.  If it flops to one side it'll come out; the log may reverse course and the peavey can get airborne.  (It did it to me.)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!