iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

demoed forum

Started by trapper, August 18, 2014, 10:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

Went 30 miles to saw today.  When we finished we went to the customers  shop by his laptop and I had him go to the forum.  We went to the board foot caculator.  I let him figure out his own bill and he was impressed. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Chuck White

That's great Trapper!

I mention the Forestry Forum and all it has to offer, to lots of people on a daily basis.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Pretty cool stuff there, funny how education still cost in the end ;D  I'm sure he was as satisfied as he was impressed!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

trapper

Quote from: drobertson on August 18, 2014, 10:47:02 PM
Pretty cool stuff there, funny how education still cost in the end ;D  I'm sure he was as satisfied as he was impressed!
Yes he was impressed, with his wood, the sawing procedure, and the forum.  I charged 40 a board ft and he was so impresed he gave me almost 50% more.  :)
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Magicman

It is always a good sign when customers give you a nice tip.  You know that they will become a repeat customer.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Quote from: Magicman on August 19, 2014, 09:09:32 AM
It is always a good sign when customers give you a nice tip.  You know that they will become a repeat customer.   smiley_thumbsup

A couple of years ago a neighbor just 1/2 mile down the road had a Black Cherry tree uprooted in his yard by the wind.

Well, he called me and said there's only one log, 14 feet long and wanted to know if I would saw it for them.

I said yes and I would work it into my schedule, so a couple of days later I took the mill down there after supper and sawed the log to their specs.

Took about 45 minutes and the guy says, "how much do I owe you"?  I said "nothing", it's ok, didn't take long.  There were all kinds of thank you's and such.

Couple of days later the couple stopped by and said here you go, and handed me a gift certificate for a dinner for 2 at Ponderosa, up to $40.00.

Well, I just about fell over and said thanks but that wasn't necessary.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

BradMarks

I had somewhat of a similiar experience. Customer made a purchase and mistakenly used his personal credit card rather than his "company" card.  I didn't catch it and neither did he, until his wife saw the statement at a later date. Of course we refunded his personal card, and took "the hit" (x2) that is charged for processing.  I told him no extra charge, we needed to be more diligent. He said thanks, and showed up a few days later with a gift card to Applebee's. Got to say, that left a good taste in my mouth :)  Nice to see when the good people stand up and are counted!!

chet

Quote from: trapper on August 18, 2014, 10:13:45 PM
Went 30 miles to saw today.  When we finished we went to the customers  shop by his laptop and I had him go to the forum.  We went to the board foot caculator.  I let him figure out his own bill and he was impressed. 

He shoulda gotta discount for having ta figure out his own bill.  :D :D :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Chuck White

If the customer stays to help when I'm sawing, I usually have him count up his lumber at the end of the day.  Some of the customers will say "aren't you worried about me not counting some of the boards?  :o

I will tell them "I'm not worried about a few boards"!  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!