iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Special Pump to Run OMR 315 Hydraulic Motors?

Started by R. Smith, August 16, 2014, 09:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R. Smith

Hi.  I can certainly use some help and would really appreciate any advice.  I'm finally starting to a least try to work on an older Woodland K8 band mill (not the new Woodland company I guess) that uses Danfoss OMR 315 151-7247 motors.  My question is this I guess:  Do I need to buy a particular type and size, etc. pump to run these motors.  I don't have a clue. 

Motor: continuous max speed 190 rpm, intermittent 240 rpm; max oil flow 16/20 gpm; max pressure drop continuous 1000 psi, intermittent 1500 psi, peak 2200 psi; not sure what else to add.

NMFP

You need to match up the fluid flow and pressure for the motor by way of the pump.  For example, if your motor requires 20 gpm, your pump should be putting out at least 20 gpm.  But remember, between your pump and the motor, you have a control valve so you need to make sure the flow through the valve is at least 20 gpm as well.  If your pump is 20 gpm, the motor is 20 gpm and the valve is only 10 gpm, the valve is working as a restrictor and not allowing 50% of the volume of fluid through the valve.  Watch pressures too, if you have any pressures above 1500 psi, they are considered high pressure but anything under that is generally considered low pressure.  If you match up the psi and gpm, you should be good to go.

R. Smith

Thank you NMFP for that advice.  I will try to let it soak in and use it to the best advantage. 

sealark37

Check out "The Surplus Center"  on-line for a good selection of reasonably priced pumps.

Thank You Sponsors!