iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drive belt for Cat Claw sharpener

Started by Chuck White, August 15, 2014, 01:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Anyone have a cross-reference number for Cooks Cat Claw sharpener drive belt?

I don't mind ordering from Cooks, but the shipping is about equal to the cost of a belt!

Edit:  the belt is (serpentine), 3/8" wide, has 4ribs and 3grooves and is approx. 23ΒΌ" long
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

trumpets3u

If you have a Napa auto store near you they can, take it in with you.
                                        Brian

Chuck White

I'll have to give it a try Brian.   Thanks
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Brad_S.

I replaced mine with one of those segmented belts. I think it runs smoother because the old belt would often take on the shape of an oval and thump
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Chuck White

Thanks for the reply Brad, but I don't understand "segmented".

I just want a belt that works well and I won't have to pay double with the shipping!

Brad_S.

Here is an example:
http://www.rockler.com/1-2-power-twist-plus-link-v-belt
(if this violates FF policy, I will look for a generic link)
You can get it many places. It costs more than a regular V belt but the last a long time and don't have a memory  and take on a shape if left in one position too long. I replaced the belts on my woodworking machinery with it too.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Chuck White

OK, got it!

Just make the belt whatever length you need.

That would make replacement a lot easier too, you wouldn't have to unbolt one of the bearings.

Thanks Brad.

redbeard

My machinist friend was over the other night checking  out my new Cats claw sharpener and he spotted the belt vibration and recommended that same style of belt. He says he used them on his table saw and has made a huge difference. My unisaw is needing a new belt so I will be calling Rocker in near future I have always been happy with there products.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!