iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the "girls" work

Started by Den Socling, August 13, 2014, 01:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

My daughter, Jessica, was been making cutting boards from a pile of NZ Red Beech. She then gives them to my "almost" daughter in law (maybe) lol, Lena, who burns in designs. The first, with the stars, she did using a soldering iron so I bought her a wood burning kit. The "Grumpy Carrot" was originally made with paper mache. Then she burned the design on the board. Pretty cool, huh?

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Den Socling

Notice the roller skate in the upper board? She even detailed shoe laces. They do "flat track women's roller derby".

clww

I love those carrots! smiley_clapping
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WmFritz

I love them!
Too nice for cutting boards though... they need to hang on the wall.  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

thecfarm

WOW!!! and one more WOW!!  That looks good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Lud

Real QUALITY work!
Gives me a bunch of ideas.

Pass our compliments on to the "girls"! 8) 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

21incher

Wow they look great. They look like they were laser engraved. I hope you get one with a sawmill design on it. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

isawlogs

Nice team work!   8)   How hard is the NZ red beech ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Den Socling

Red Beech is hard but it machines very nicely. Goes through the planer with zero tear out and sands smooth.

Bill Gaiche

Cool. Not your everyday cutting board....bg

Den Socling

More from the girls.

Jessica cuts and sands slivers of reject baseball bats and Lena does her magic. And here is Lena with my son, Garrett. I'm very proud of all of my family.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I likes that old Pickup Den!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Den Socling

Little Lena sets it off, doesn't she?

samandothers

Good looking family with great talents!

mesquite buckeye

I have refrained from staring because of my respect for the family.  ;D

This is not easy, however. smiley_eek_dropjaw
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Den Socling

isawlogs

Theres a truck there ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!