ATV Forest & Farm Dump Trailer

Started by Tam-i-am, August 12, 2014, 12:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Trapper - congrats on the deer!
What a great idea to use the lift that way!  Glad it all worked out.  Do you have a pic?
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

trapper

Quote from: John Mc on September 15, 2014, 07:28:12 AM
Quote from: trapper on September 14, 2014, 11:34:10 PM
Wanted to try an idea to load deer by myself.  took the front and back sides off. Tilted the trailer fully up and attached my masdam rope puller to the pole.

The pole?  Is that the trailer tongue?

Might work OK for loading firewood logs.
yes the tongue close to the stand that is under the tongue
Tami wait until I get one worth showing.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

r.man

You might also be able to load a full barrel with the trailer up. Back up to the barrel, raise the bed, creep back until the barrel is touching the bed and then ratchet strap the top of the barrel to the bed. Lower the bed and I think the barrel should go with it.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Tam-i-am

Quote from: r.man on September 09, 2014, 11:05:17 PM
Personally I don't think the reactions you are getting do justice to your product. When I look at the dump simplicity and height as well as that huge toolbox I am totally impressed with the innovation your design team has achieved with an old standard.

r.man  sometimes people just don't get things.  Having brought this product to two shows now many people tell me how they would improve the product.  They always want a power dump.  The fact is Logrite builds tools/equipment that are "built for life" and are worry/maintenance free.  We also look to build things with ergonomics in mind to make them easy to use.

thanks for the compliment!

Tam-i-am

Check out the wood deck version of the dump trailer.

We also made a new bunk.  It will hold either the front or back panel while you carry long poles/logs/pipe.

Trapper it also gives you a great place to sit while someone else drives the ATV.  ;D

A lady with horses bought this one and from that same spot she will drive her team of horses.

John Mc

That's a nice looking trailer

It looks like higher sidewalls on the wood deck version.  Can you give us the box dimensions?

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Tam-i-am

yes the walls are 2" taller
otherwise same dimensions 4' x 5'

If you are wanting higher sides we can sell it with just the stakes.

thecfarm

I like simple. The less moving parts the better it works.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tam-i-am

trapper

The way the jack is designed the trailer raises fast.  I have enough batteries to take care off already.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

trapper

Did you make any changes for hooking up the horses?

Tam-i-am

If she uses it with a forecart she is going to use it as is.
She has not given us the specs yet but it looks like we will replace the tongue with a 10' piece that will go between the horses and allow her to put an evener on it.
We won't be doing this until we get back from the Paul Bunyan show and I promise to take pics for everyone.

Tam-i-am

the axles and hubs are high speed trailer rated however the wheels are not highway rated but off road there is no speed limit

Tam-i-am

an update from the lady with the horses.  She found that the scissor lift allowed her to shift the weight of the load so she could take the weight off the tongue for the horses.  However, we are still waiting for ideas for a different setup so to eliminate the forecart she is currently using.

Tam-i-am

This weekend was our family's annual hayride.  Unfortunately, the weather changed everyone's plans and there were fewer people than expected so this year instead of getting the tractor out and filling the trailer with hay and people, we had private hayrides for smaller groups using the ATV and dump trailer. 

Here is a young couple enjoying themselves. ;D