ATV Forest & Farm Dump Trailer

Started by Tam-i-am, August 12, 2014, 12:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

You may have seen our newest product on some other threads but here is all the info about it.

Here is Kevin coming out of the woods after cleaning up a tree that came down with the last storm.  All his tools fit in the tool box located under the trailer. 

Tool box holds 3 cubic feet of cargo space with an additional 5" of space to bottom of trailer.  Logrite suggests using it for your chainsaw, gas, safety gear and of course a Logrite cant hook and a bottle of Bluecreeper. ;D

Empty for your viewing pleasure. ;D
dims:  110" L x 50" w x 44" tall, (50" trail rated)
max gvw: 2000 lb.

Full of firewood with back panel removed for viewing.

It features four removable sides in case you want to load it and strap down your cargo.

Here is a good pic of the spacious tool box and the scissor jack we use for dumping.  We use a scissor jack to make it simple to use and maintain. No wiring or batteries required! It also provides for control of the load.

All this could be yours for an introductory price of $2100.

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

John Mc

Nice design, and nice build!

Is the 50" width for the trailer box, or to the outside edge of the wheels?

Any thought of offering a walking beam axle set-up as an option?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

trapper

In addition to selling top of the line equipment I see Kevin uses the best gas can avaible.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Hilltop366

Neat idea!

I have a question would it work to turn the jack so the handle is on the side instead of the front, I realize it would require a different block on the end of the jack to provide the pivot.

John Mc

Quote from: Hilltop366 on August 12, 2014, 04:08:02 PM
... would it work to turn the jack so the handle is on the side instead of the front, I realize it would require a different block on the end of the jack to provide the pivot.

That jack is well protected where it is. Would the handle be prone to snagging on things if it was out to the side?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Hilltop366

Quote from: John Mc on August 12, 2014, 04:37:15 PM
... would it work to turn the jack so the handle is on the side instead of the front, I realize it would require a different block on the end of the jack to provide the pivot.

That jack is well protected where it is. Would the handle be prone to snagging on things if it was out to the side?

That is true, the reason I was asking was it looked like the box contents would be in the way of turning the handle, perhaps it is not as close to the box as I thought.

isawlogs

Nice trailer, how is the center of gravity once loaded,  I have onesimilar to this that may have a little bit narrower wheel span from side to side, I really need to watch it when coming out of the woods with a load on ...  Need to do some modifications and spread the wheels out some on  mine  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Piston

It looks like a really nice trailer.  It reminds me of the old Pronovost trailers a little bit, but I don't think they offer those with a single rear axle anymore.  I like the single axle. 

Is the cart able to be dumped "freely"?  In other words, bypass the hand crank?  So if you were filling it with something like leaves or other lightweight/high bulk items you wouldn't have to stand there and turn the handle to slowly dump it.

Also, you mention holding the cant hook.  Is there a spot for the cant hook?  My 48" doesn't look like it would fit in that box.   ;D

I like it!  smiley_thumbsup
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Piston

How much does this trailer weigh? 

It looks pretty lightweight but very strong.  It may be a good match for my "ATV".   ;D

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

trapper

Neat idea!

I have a question would it work to turn the jack so the handle is on the side instead of the front, I realize it would require a different block on the end of the jack to provide the pivot.
In my opinion the handle on the jack would be harder to use if it was on the side
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Tam-i-am

Quote from: John Mc on August 12, 2014, 02:13:23 PM

Is the 50" width for the trailer box, or to the outside edge of the wheels?

Any thought of offering a walking beam axle set-up as an option?

50" to outside edge of tires

It has torsion flex axles so that it has suspension

Tam-i-am

Quote from: John Mc on August 12, 2014, 04:37:15 PM

Right on the money!

Tam-i-am

gspren

What are the inside box dimensions? Looks handy.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

AnthonyW

The current problem the three tractor users in my family have (dad, my brother, and myself) is that we have not yet found a trailer that will empty when dumped. We have to dump what will come out, pull forward, return the trailer to its travel position, then push the remainder out by hand or with a shovel.

Question: If full loaded with dirt, grass clippings, or similar will it full empty when dumped? 
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

GAB

Quote from: AnthonyW on August 23, 2014, 08:58:04 AM
Question: If full loaded with dirt, grass clippings, or similar will it full empty when dumped?
I do not think dirt and grass clippings will all  dump out (assuming level ground), however put in something more valuable like corn, soybean, oat, barley, or wheat seeds and the probability of it all dumping out increases.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Tam-i-am

The bed goes up past 45º and will stay in that position so you can pull forward.  That should dump anything in the box.

Tam-i-am

AnthonyW
you can see one at Windy Ridge in Tamworth, NH as he has one on the floor or at the Fryeburg Fair on Woodmen's Day.

trapper

take a look at the picture of mine in the little blue trailer thread. that should convince you that it will.

trapper

Got wifes flowerbed and my raised bed finished so could try dump of trailer.  dumped some in flowerbed and rest in my raised vegetable bed. Picture of soil dumped in raised bed.  Dry materials should empty completely.

Tam-i-am

thanks for the pic trapper!
looks like all the dirt came out. ;)

r.man

Personally I don't think the reactions you are getting do justice to your product. When I look at the dump simplicity and height as well as that huge toolbox I am totally impressed with the innovation your design team has achieved with an old standard.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

trapper

Got a chance to use the trailer again today.  Used it to bring a small deer home that I got with the bow. A friend went with me to get it.  Wanted to try an idea to load deer by myself.  took the front and back sides off. Tilted the trailer fully up and attached my masdam rope puller to the pole.  Deer slid onto the  trailer easily and then I lowered the bed.  When fully elevated the back of the trailer almost touches the ground.  I let my friend drive my atv home.  With the front panel removed one can sit on the front of the trailer and the tool tray makes a perfect foot rest. I am convinced an old person (me) could easily load any size deer this way and probably many other objects too heavy or awkward  to lift.

John Mc

Quote from: trapper on September 14, 2014, 11:34:10 PM
Wanted to try an idea to load deer by myself.  took the front and back sides off. Tilted the trailer fully up and attached my masdam rope puller to the pole.

The pole?  Is that the trailer tongue?

Might work OK for loading firewood logs.

Tam-i-am

Trapper - congrats on the deer!
What a great idea to use the lift that way!  Glad it all worked out.  Do you have a pic?

trapper

Quote from: John Mc on September 15, 2014, 07:28:12 AM
Quote from: trapper on September 14, 2014, 11:34:10 PM
Wanted to try an idea to load deer by myself.  took the front and back sides off. Tilted the trailer fully up and attached my masdam rope puller to the pole.

The pole?  Is that the trailer tongue?

Might work OK for loading firewood logs.
yes the tongue close to the stand that is under the tongue
Tami wait until I get one worth showing.

r.man

You might also be able to load a full barrel with the trailer up. Back up to the barrel, raise the bed, creep back until the barrel is touching the bed and then ratchet strap the top of the barrel to the bed. Lower the bed and I think the barrel should go with it.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Tam-i-am

Quote from: r.man on September 09, 2014, 11:05:17 PM
Personally I don't think the reactions you are getting do justice to your product. When I look at the dump simplicity and height as well as that huge toolbox I am totally impressed with the innovation your design team has achieved with an old standard.

r.man  sometimes people just don't get things.  Having brought this product to two shows now many people tell me how they would improve the product.  They always want a power dump.  The fact is Logrite builds tools/equipment that are "built for life" and are worry/maintenance free.  We also look to build things with ergonomics in mind to make them easy to use.

thanks for the compliment!

Tam-i-am

Check out the wood deck version of the dump trailer.

We also made a new bunk.  It will hold either the front or back panel while you carry long poles/logs/pipe.

Trapper it also gives you a great place to sit while someone else drives the ATV.  ;D

A lady with horses bought this one and from that same spot she will drive her team of horses.

John Mc

That's a nice looking trailer

It looks like higher sidewalls on the wood deck version.  Can you give us the box dimensions?

Tam-i-am

yes the walls are 2" taller
otherwise same dimensions 4' x 5'

If you are wanting higher sides we can sell it with just the stakes.

thecfarm

I like simple. The less moving parts the better it works.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tam-i-am

trapper

The way the jack is designed the trailer raises fast.  I have enough batteries to take care off already.

trapper

Did you make any changes for hooking up the horses?

Tam-i-am

If she uses it with a forecart she is going to use it as is.
She has not given us the specs yet but it looks like we will replace the tongue with a 10' piece that will go between the horses and allow her to put an evener on it.
We won't be doing this until we get back from the Paul Bunyan show and I promise to take pics for everyone.

Tam-i-am

the axles and hubs are high speed trailer rated however the wheels are not highway rated but off road there is no speed limit

Tam-i-am

an update from the lady with the horses.  She found that the scissor lift allowed her to shift the weight of the load so she could take the weight off the tongue for the horses.  However, we are still waiting for ideas for a different setup so to eliminate the forecart she is currently using.

Tam-i-am

This weekend was our family's annual hayride.  Unfortunately, the weather changed everyone's plans and there were fewer people than expected so this year instead of getting the tractor out and filling the trailer with hay and people, we had private hayrides for smaller groups using the ATV and dump trailer. 

Here is a young couple enjoying themselves. ;D