iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Problems with m Fabtek 4 Roller

Started by HansenM84, August 11, 2014, 09:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HansenM84

I'm hoping someone has some insight for me.  I have a Timbco 415C with a Fabtek 4 Roller head.  I changed the wire harness from the boom to the head, and all the head functions worked except the wheels won't spin to feed the log through.  They spin backward but only forward for short spurts or not at all.  The return homes sensor for the saw bar is lighting up when it returns home.  A fella at Fabco told me to pull out the #2 & #4 relay and switch them.  I did that and it started working again.....and then yesterday it stopped working again.  I've replaced the relays now, with no effect, and am at a loss now.  Any advice???

Gary_C

Do you have some wires crossed in the new wire harness?

I don't know that particular machine, but I know with other Valmet machines those connection blocks can have some loose screws. Recheck all your connections and make sure they are in the right place and tight.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

HansenM84

Yup, checked all the connections a couple of times.

dcress

wannaergo

That sounds exactly like what our 4 roller would do when the saw home sensor crapped the bed.  If it's not that, then I'd start looking for broken wires
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

Corley5

I'd start with the saw home sensor.  Then look into joystick buttons. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

dcress

Joystick button switches is the easiest and cheapest thing to cross off the list. For what its worth might as well change them all if it is the problem.

Thank You Sponsors!