iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

very small time in all reality

Started by drobertson, August 10, 2014, 09:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

I need to say, my beloved wife has been in education for 24 years, and I have had several tasks to accomplish with no regrets.  When she asked for a thin board for a road sign I thought no problem.  I came up with this,

A pretty thin board, 1/8", 4" wide, syp. 

Although these were very nice, they were to heavy. What she needed was veneer,  I had one on the wall, I had saved after trying to saw out some for  chair maker, thin as a dime, faded, but really flat and straight.  I grabbed it and she said " Perfect!"  I could not believe it,  I have looked at it for over two years between to purling's, I just liked it, you know,  anyway, battery gave way,so a pick is coming on this one,   just  wanted to share my lil wood working expertise :D
I have to add, this has been in the office, if you call it that, for over a month, no movement whatsoever.  Just amazing,  I wish framing lumber would behave so good,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

justallan1

David, the first thing that came to mind when I saw these pictures was venetian blinds. :D You better be careful about storing wood in the house, the little lady will surely find a use for it.
Have a great day.

Allan

hackberry jake

I have found that really thin strips behave better than one would think. I think it's because they dry out before they have time to warp.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Cedarman

Just don't try it with persimmon.  They could teach a topology course with one board.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!