iDRY Vacuum Kilns

? about changing passwords

Started by dun that, August 10, 2014, 10:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dun that

I am logged in on my laptop and my mobile phone, both remember my passwords. I recently had my laptop stolen but am still logged on on it. I changed my password just now. Is my laptop still logged in now? I do not want to comprise the security of the website, that i am sure glad that we have here, thanks in advance.
Scott

Jeff

Quote from: dun that on August 10, 2014, 10:19:33 AM
I am logged in on my laptop and my mobile phone, both remember my passwords. I recently had my laptop stolen but am still logged on on it. I changed my password just now. Is my laptop still logged in now? I do not want to comprise the security of the website, that i am sure glad that we have here, thanks in advance.

If you changed your password, you're good here, but you should be aware, especially if you are using the firefox browser, and if you use the same password for other things, that the cached passwords are easily readable in that browser. Not sure about the others.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Daver

You are much better off using a small program called KeePass2 it stores all your passwords you can also put it on a memory stick.. This way you keep all passwords off your browsers.. you use one main password to access Keepass2.. It's a great way to be safe.. It also has a password generator in it to make complex passwords for banks etc.. you technically do not need to remember passwords in that program you just copy and paste usernames and passwords onto sites..   works great!
"Remember, amateurs made the ark, professionals built the Titanic."