iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Junk food

Started by etat, July 17, 2004, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

I usually like to eat pretty good. Real food. Most of the time that is.  But this evening my stomach was telling me it was time to load up on junk food.  Been a while since that happened. Just couldn't get it out of my head.

So...........I just polished  off a polish sausage with peppers and onions and mustard, barbecue chips, a couple of egg rolls, a can of Beanee Weenee's and a one liter bottle of refreshing ice cold coca-cola. :)

Now, when my stomach settles just a bit I'm gonna have desert, one of  them new chocolate flavored Almond Joy's and a cup of coffee.!

Really hoping I don't DIE later tonight!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Rocky_J

Well, I eat too much junk as it is, seeing as how I'm single and I don't cook. Tonight I got it in my head that I wanted a nice NY Strip steak and baked potato, but I wasn't in the mood to sit in a steak house. So I called up Outback for their curbside takeout. I'm kinda disappointed, the salad barely covered the bottom of the container (about 1/4 of a bowl), the potato was overcooked and had brown spots in the center, and the steak had 4 oz of fat and gristle. All that for only $19.16 plus tip. I saved the salad, I'm gonna bring it back to them tomorrow and let the manager know why I won't be ordering from them any more.  :(

I'da been better off getting another killer $4 burrito like last night. I got a super little Mexican place around the corner.  ;D

bennelson

Used to love those burritos but The ex made me stop eatin them.  Why did you have to tip someone for bringin food to your car.  Those thirty steps had to be killer.  Was it rainin?

Rocky_J

I don't mind tipping. Did you ever have a job in a restaurant as a kid? What do you remember about it? I remember the generous tippers, the people who made me feel worthwhile. Now that I'm a little more comfortable financially, tipping is a pleasant experience. At my little Mexican place I stuff a dollar in the tip jar by the register every time I go in. You wouldn't believe the size of the burritos I get and the cooks always say hello and stuff extra in my burritos. I'm not looking for a bargain, I just want good food. Those kids bust their butts and they are always pleasant when I go in.

As for the girl at Outback who brought my meal to my car, she had a great smile as well as the top two buttons open on her blouse as she leaned over into my passenger window. That alone was worth the $2.  ;D

bennelson

ScottAR

:D  Good story...

Reminds me of this bbq place around the corner from my job.  I'm a regular and usually tip decent if I have any extra.    I get good service.  Most of the servers know my usual drink so I don't have to think about that part.   ;D 8)
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

SwampDonkey

Excuse me as I recover from coughing coffee up outta my lungs. Gotta learn not to laugh when consuming beveridges and reading posts on here. :D :D

Way to go Rocky, but I have to admit that I only tip occassionally. I don't eat in restaurants much, I can cook good enough to stay home. ;D

CK: Sometimes a person gets the urge to consume such choice menu items, like a flash back from our childhood. Its amazing sometimes how our stomachs recover from such abuse. :D :D  ;)

Ok, I'll try to finish this pot of coffee. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!