iDRY Vacuum Kilns

New mention function

Started by Jeff, August 09, 2014, 01:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The way this is supposed to work, that if you mention someone, and you can tag them by adding @ at the beginning of the username, it links to their profile automatically and will send a private message to that person that they have been mentioned. Settings can be changed in profile/mentions/settings to add an email notice if someone tags your username, or you can also remove any kind of notification. A list of mentions will also be created for you to keep track.

I'll pick someone as an example, how about @thecfarm ? :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

samandothers

Nice feature. I can imagine some people will get a lot of messages!  :D

Thanks for all you do and features you add!

Dave Shepard

That looks handy. I was just this morning thinking that the member looking at the Bombardier needed to get in touch with Sprucebunny.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

To be clear, you have to add the@ to the front of a username for it to have any new effect or message sent, and you can disable any notifications if you don't want to get them. Simply typing the name as usually done, will have no new effect.  :)

Mooseherder

SwampDonkey

Sometimes I just sneek around in here and don't want to be noticed. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Ayup,I got it. At first I thought I did something wrong.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

celliott

Gonna go try this out, I was just thinking of a thread I wanted to do this in  :)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Chuck White

I think that's pretty neat Jeff!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

I think there was a permissions problem with this function. I need to know if it is working now if someone cares to test it here.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ronwood

Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

thecfarm

I see Mentions has been added to the profile button.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

What??   ???   It works.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

SwampDonkey

He was just feeling left out.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

Jeff

I don't think you can test yourself @Warbird  :)

Warbird

Nope.  Got your tag, tho!  ;D

WmFritz

What is clever about this function is when I begin typing a members handle, I get the drop down list like a Google search, so I don't have to know a complete or even a correct spelling.

Very cool!
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

Yup, I wish that drop down was available on the "Search For Members".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman