iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Backyard inventors in China

Started by Brucer, August 09, 2014, 01:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucer

I kinda take exception to the title of this web page. I see the sort of stuff that could easily come from people on this forum.

To view more pictures, put your cursor about halfway down the right hand side of the photo and you'll see an arrow to click on to get the next one. Ditto on the left hand side to go back. Turn the captions on or off by clicking on the bottom right of the image.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/photos/10-wacky-backyard-inventions-from-china-1.2731239

Some interesting ideas, innovative use of salvaged scrap, and some really good workmanship.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Ianab

Dunno, most of them would be classed as somewhat wacky, even on the forum  :D

Not to say they aren't cool, heck I'd love the 1/2 size electric Lamborgini or even the motorised suitcase.  ;D

Not so sure about the Octocopter  :-\  ???
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

mad murdock

The octocopter is interesting. There was a guy in Germany who built something similar without the. Circular enclosure, his motors were battery powered.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Brucer

Maybe it's because I built a hydrofoil in 1970 that I don't see those things as wacky :D :D

Did you notice how he had the engines arranged in the "octocopter"? Look at the exhaust pipes -- the propellers run in alternately different directions. It's about the only way to keep the whole thing from spinning around it's axis.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

mad murdock

Yeah. I think trying to sync all this engines and having individual
Control over each one would be a lot more difficult than if they were electric motor powered like the German guy did. Trying to fly that thing would be a real handful!!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

justallan1

I think some were great, and shows that given the time and desire that you can do a lot with very little.
Evidently I need to find a better junkyard. :D

Allan

Thank You Sponsors!