iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sunbelt Ag Exposition Moultrie, Ga. 2004

Started by Tom, July 17, 2004, 04:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Hope the weather holds. Doesn't look good. We went to the camp yesterday. One Pontoon on the Barge was underwater, along with the Yamama outboard. Got it raised and pumped out and even got the engine running.

Had a wicked storm to drive through in Daytona.

If you keep posting pics, yer gonna make me sick. I was dyin to go to that show.  Keep it up and get that house sawed out. Thanks for your help, Dan
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

We're really missing you and Ed, this week. Poor Tom had to eat the entire Shoney's Breakfast Bar by himself. You know that took a toll on him, as he couldn't even eat lunch! :D :D  We're keeping you in mind, though. We keep seeing neat things and saying, "Harold and Ed could build us one of those." ;D

We got lucky on the weather. Big T-storm slid by just to the north. We just got a little squirt out of it for a few minutes. I drove all the way home in rain, though. :-/  Looks like it has cleared up this morning. Hope it holds.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Pete J

DanG,

Thanks for being our "Man of Action" delivering the tools and generally being around to help. My hats off to you!

Pete

DanG

No problem, Pete. :)  I just put'em in the truck when I left, and took'em out when I got there. It really wasn't much trouble, at all. ;D

Had another great day at the Expo. Met a whole bunch of ForestryForum folks. I'm not gonna even try to list everybody, cause I'd be sure to miss one.  Took some more pix, but I'm too tired to post them right now.

Hauled home a big pile of oak lumber. Got an even bigger pile to haul tomorrow evening. ;D  Blew a trailer tire on the way home. :o :'(  Called a buddy and asked him if he knew anybody with a road service. He sent the guy that does his tires. He brought a decent used tire out there, about 20 miles out of town, installed it without even taking the wheel off the trailer. Charged me a grand total of forty-five bucks! I couldn't believe I got off that light!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Dan and the Double Cut

Lindsey sawing with the Double Cut

Under the Double Cut

The Lucas

Under the Lucas

Under the Peterson

This is beginning to sound like a
country music tune. 8)

Nah!  That's under the Double Eagle.
I must have sawmills and a guitar
crossed up :-/ ;D
Play that Thang, Dang!

Chris pulling the Peterson

Nathan, WM's Southeast Dist. Manager

Hudson

Oscars!!

How'd you like something like this?

Tom

Who's that knuckhead taking a picture
of me taking a picture of that saw?

Dang!

Tom

Baker has a new model out.  It has a big
John Deere diesel and runs a 2" band.

Firewood Precessor

Arthur Dyson and the Eco-Saw

Monster Trucks Arrrghhhhh    Rbarshaw

Some DanG Wood

Bob Barshaw (left), Custom Sawyer(behind), DanG to right,
Captain front left, Tom center, Lindsey next right, Chris' head next right behind, Who's the Double cut guy?

Captain

Thanks for posting the pictures Tom!!  You saw more of the show than I did.  

Just arrived home about 20 min ago....about 23 hours of driveing from Tifton GA since yesterday.  I'm ready for a nap.

Captain

Corley5

Looks like a super show 8)  There's old tractors there too ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Tom

Yep!  Old tractors galore.  They had an antique tractor parade at noon every day.  It was lots of fun.  You should have seen the John Deere with the steel wheels and spikes clonking along on the asphalt.  The tractor wasn't heavy enough to damage the asphalt but I'll bet the driver had a sore back and butt when he got home.

There was another of the little rear engine allis chalmers this year.  That made three.  

When I  was at Spencer's I saw an old Plymouth tractor.  Didn't see any at the show though.  How rare is a Plymouth tractor?

Captain, it was good to visit with you.   I sure enjoyed seeing you and Chris and Hammond and Lindsey and Arthur and Nathan and Tom Stout.   Felt like I was surrounded by my kind of folks.

I love all the sawmills and would have no qualms owning any of them.  They all have their place and it does my heart good to see so many manufacturers be friendly with one another. It's a lot better than hearing a lot of cut-throat talk.

Look up the old tractors from last years show, fellows.   The same ones come every year.  There are some new ones now and again.  Two big John Deeres that could pull down the side of a building were there new this year.   There was a lot bigger showing of old engines too.  I sure hope that part of the show grows next year.  If so, it will be worth someone driving quite a distance to see.

I sure got taken care of at the Peterson tent real good.   Those young fellows wouldn't let me get into trouble and were always finding something for me sit on.  They hung around and kept me company too.  There was lots of good visiting and conversation. I felt like I was surrounded by my family.

DanG and I did some slow moseying around and sight-seeing too.  I know I was a drag but nobody let on like they minded.  What a great time I had.

The only thing I wished for was more Forestry Forum members.  You who didn't meke it sure missed a good visit and a good time. If you plan ahead for next year, it's worth a motel room for at least one night, if not two, just to be able to see the show and hang around the other members.  It's one of the few places to spend the day where you don't have to prove yourself to anyone.  Even the sittin' is fun. ;D :)

We missed Harold and Ed but understand and sure hate the tribulations they went through.  We all talked of them frequently and hope, know, that they will be with us next year.  I'm glad that there is a tomorrow because it gives us all an opportunity to see one another again.  

Y'all sure make me happy. :D

Corley5

The Plymouth tractor was built by the Fate-Root-Heath Corp.  Only 215 of these tractors built in 1934 were called Plymouths.  After losing the lawsuit filed by Chrysler they were renamed the Silver King :D  The Moultire Show has been moved towards the top of my list to attend.  Can't go wrong with antique iron and forest industry stuff all at the same place 8) 8)

DanG

Corley, I'd be plum tickled if you'd come down for the show, next year. All you other farmer types would get a kick out of it, too. The Forestry section is only a very small part of the Expo. In the spring, they have a mini-expo and demonstrate all the ground prep and planting stuff. Then at the big show, they harvest the several hundred acres of crops that they planted in the spring. They have tractor-drawn trams to take folks out to the fields to watch the harvest eqpt.  
I think they must have every model of every brand of tractor made in the world today on display. Ever heard of a Johnson tractor? They gottem! ;)
We had a good representation of sawmills, too. There was Baker, Woodmizer, Peterson, Kasco, Hud-son, D&L Double Cut, Eco-saw, and Lucas, that I can remember. Usual participants that were absent this year were, T.A.Schmidd, Southern Saw, and Mobile Dimension.
Any of you that can possibly get down here next year, will be guaranteed a good time. :)

Tom

Yeah, TimberKing and Timber harvester and some others didn't show either.  I'd like to see that big band from Canada com back again. It was a two way cutting 6" band.  Wow!  Can't remember the name right off hand. Meadows was there last year too with a portable circle saw.

DanG

DanG

DanG

A couple of Toms. Tom_in_Mo on the left, and just a plain old, everyday, garden variety, regular Tom on the right.

DanG

Bibbyman

Them ol' Toms is predy good ol' boys!

I'm likely going to get to visit with Tom-in-Mo in a couple of weeks at the Small Farm Show in Columbia, MO.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DanG

Lindsay Flett of D&L Double Cut workin' the Eco-saw, with 2 Double Cuts in the background. The Bailey's/Lucas tent is that yeller and white thing. Looking back that way, there was sawmills about as far as ya could see. ;D

DanG

Lindsay helps Arthur sort out the Eco-Saw after it's long, long trip from Down Under.  This was a 15 year old mill that was in surprisingly good condition. Those space-frame beams are made of stainless steel. It looks like a good bet for use in remote areas, with it's simplicity of operation and durable construction.

neslrite

Now that the show is over and everybody is back home. I would like to take a moment to thank Captain and DanG for their help, I would have loved to have gone but there was to much to do here. Captain told me that he sent a tool back with the Kiwi's if it made it there it will be our first tool to go to the southern hemisphere.
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Captain

I'll bet the TSA had fun with it.....we'll know tomorrow wether it made it.

LogRite gone global.....

Corley5

I probably won't make it there next year as that's about the time I need to go to S.D. for a tractor 8) and some pheasant hunting 8) at Dee's Aunt and Uncle's but next year.........

Thank You Sponsors!