iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

280 Prentice

Started by Firewood dealer, August 08, 2014, 07:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewood dealer

I am looking at a 07 280. It is trailer mounted with a pull through and a buck saw. Anyone have any experience with one? What are their weak points?

BargeMonkey

Thats a nice loader. I looked at buying one before I stole my Barko loader. Depends what it has for power, is it still a true "prentice" or a 2280 after Cat took them over ? I called Ozark machinery about one and they really couldnt tell me much bad about them, the 280 swing gear was designed for a pull thru delimber, and they came factory set up with saw plumbing. I would buy that before I bought a 530-535 Jack / Deere loader. The parts are pretty pricey, biggest thing is how sloppy the main cylinder bushings and pins are, and the swing bearing.

Firewood dealer

The pins are all tight, but what I find strange is that they are putting a new pedestal bearing on it @ 7500 hours. DO you think that may have come from limbing? Maybe they didn't know about the grease fittings! LOL.

BargeMonkey

Thats a good size job doing a swing bearing, be glad your getting it freshly done. 7500hrs doesnt sound to bad for that, loaders are run rough, especially if its been running a pull thru.

Thank You Sponsors!