iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blades comeing off

Started by goose63, August 08, 2014, 07:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

Changed the blade and the next 3 came off bent teeth or broke them off >:( put the last one back on with a little adjusting and it worked wide open :o put a cooks super sharp on come right off put a Lenox on went back to cutting  I cant see any thing wrong will try new belts on the rollers tomorrow see what happens
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

ladylake

The only time I have trouble with blades coming off is when using too much diesel with worn v belts while engaging the clutch.  Other than that check the big wheel bearings and guide wheel bearings.  Also check to make sure the blade is tracking where it should on your mill and it should track the same when turned backwards.  Some brands of blades track different and need to be adjusted for that.     Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

goose63

The mill don't have more than twenty hours so the bearings should be good yet one belt looks bad so I will change both to day and try turning backwards.  thanks Steve
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!