iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Member from Canada

Started by Theo, August 07, 2014, 09:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theo

Hello folks,  my name is Theo new member from your forum,,, (but watch it since years)

I am from Quebec, so take note that my English is not perfect, born in Switzerland and move to Canada when I was an young boy, so I know some German also

I make a living with horse (Haflinger)  my farm Grison Haflinger (www.grison.com) Is known as the biggest Haflinger breeder in Canada with over 600 Haflinger sold in north America since 1989

Having 260 acres mainly wood my second passion's is... Wood, I have an small Hud-son sawmill since 8 years an can make mostly all our fence wood needed for the farm plus some other project.

With the horse business I have experience with importation (USA-Canada)  And have many friends in the US mostly in Ohio, I make the trip to Ohio 4-5 time per year,, And always enjoy my time in the US (Vacations is also spent in the US)  (I also imported my Piper Colt from the US)

So, when last spring I was looking for another Sawmills, I contact Hud-Son again and finally become an Hud-Son dealer last July, and spent an day at the factory for an dealer training,,,, Since, I sold 3 sawmills and looking for some other wood product dealer opportunity

I am looking forward to learn from your forum

Thank you

Theo

OFF SITE IMAGES NOT ALLOWED. Please upload photos to your forestry forum gallery and then edit this post.
HUD-SON and Range-Road & KASCO Canada Dealer

rooster 58

thecfarm

Theo,welcome to the forum. This was our Haflinger.

We only had him for a year. Things changed and we had to sell him. We miss him alot. Wife was going to cart ride with him and I was going to play in the woods with him.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Magicman

Hello Theo, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WellandportRob

Welcome neighbor, glad you could join us.
2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

glassman_48

Welcome theo,
I think your english is just fine!  I bet fat old elf will think so too :)

kczbest

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Theo.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Theo.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dgdrls

Welcome Theo,

Your history is similar to mine, I too am Canadian,  my grandfather immigrated from Lucerne Switzerland to Canada.

This is a great site with great people.

DGDrls Dan Daoust

YellowHammer

Welcome to the Forum.  Don't worry about your English, seems like you speak the language of "Sawdust" perfectly. ;D
Glad to have you aboard.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Theo

HUD-SON and Range-Road & KASCO Canada Dealer

ljmathias

Ok, I'll bite, being ignorant as to horses and such: what exactly is a Haflinger and why is it special?  Guess I could google it but I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth (sorry, couldn't resist).

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

thecfarm

Theo will do a much better job than I can. They are about the size of a small horse or large pony. I feel they are not as high strung as other horses could be. But what do I know. A very rugged animal.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

roger 4400

Bienvenue THEO.  I live in Quebec also, Ste-Sophie, 30 miles north from Montreal (near St-Jérôme). You will find help over here and very nice friends.  Take care . If I can be of any help, just tell me. Roger. .....à bientôt.
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!