iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had a close call with Jalepeno pepper burn!

Started by drobertson, August 04, 2014, 05:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

We are trying our first batch of salsa today, and have never had an issue with pepper burning on the fingers till today,  thanks to a forum member I was able to rectify it rather quickly, bout an hour or so after I realized I was in a fix mode.  Thanks Richard T.   I did have to buy some more milk for the week. I would like to hear of some other remedies if anyone has ever dealt with this issue,          david
Rubber gloves next time, so,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

luvmexfood

Sour creme because it stays put a little longer. Had to use in one time when slicing peppers and went to pee. Talk about a wiener roast.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Chuck White

A glass of milk will calm a burning mouth caused by hot peppers!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

luvmexfood

Used to be and may come on sometimes a show on Food Network about hot peppers and hot sauce etc. If I remember correctly they would either eat some sugar (not sure on this) or spray some whipped creme from a can into their mouth.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Not Good!  :o

Quite a few years back, my brother and I went to visit a mutual friend about 15 miles away, he said he would be there, but wasn't.

WELL, we decided to "raid" his garden and he had a nice plot!  I spotted some pepper plants and I like peppers, well I found some that were about 1ΒΌ" dia and about 5" long and picked one and immediately took a bite!

Long story short, when your mouth is burning, don't go for the beer.  I did, and my brother said I looked like a dog with rabies.  That beer caused some horendous "foam at the mouth"!  ::) :-\

About 10 minutes later our friend showed up.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Chuck, reminds me of years back when I raided my brother's fridge, his wife then a great Korean cook, made some kind of dish that looked good, well I made the dreaded mistake!  When I called him at work he said you did not eat it did you?  I said yea!  help!  very hot it was, he just laughed :D :D  and said you'll learn some day lil brother, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

three feathers

The orange creamcicle ice cream bar cools ghost pepper burn better than anything I have ever found.
Jerry

drobertson

Quote from: three feathers on August 06, 2014, 04:16:21 PM

The orange creamcicle ice cream bar cools ghost pepper burn better than anything I have ever found.
Seems like I heard this before, only problem is I love to eat these! ;D   thanks for the info,

Dave Shepard

drobertson, that reminds me of a signature I read on another forum once. "Grandpa used to carry a small bottle of whiskey with him in case of snakebite. He also carried a sack of snakes, just in case he couldn't find any in the woods". Or something to that effect. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

drobertson

:D :D  the ole boy scout motto!  never can be to prepared, the ole timers have it figured out,

DanG

When I saw the title, I wasn't sure I wanted to look at this thread!  :o ::) :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

36 coupe

My grand daughter found that cream cheese on burning hands worked best...

Yoopersaw

Go to your pharmacy and get a can of hospital strength Dermoplast Anesthetic Spray.  That stuff works wonders on pepper juice burns.

petefrom bearswamp

Jeez you guys
Just suck it up.
Only hurts worse on the way out.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WH_Conley

My SIL helped me can some peppers one time. He didn't wash his hands well enough before going to the bathroom. My daughter said he spent an hour and a half in the shower. ;)
Bill

mesquite buckeye

It is really nice when you are peeling a bunch of hot chiles and it gets packed under your fingernails.

Yee haa :o
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!