iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One of those days hauling wood!!!!

Started by Woodhauler, August 04, 2014, 04:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Guess it started last saturday,Took a 9 cord load of tree lenghth firewood to a person, Had trouble last year getting in to the spot they wanted it in! Told them i wasn't putting it there again! But the second choice was worse! So down over a 4 ft tapereddrop off onto the lawn, and out to the end of the house to the wood boiler! Everyone wants it right in the stove or as close as possible. So i am set up, unloading off the ditch side,which is harder to do. I had to swing over the attached garage,and over the boiler to set it in front of it. This is 26ft wood. Last bucket full a tree hit the smoke stack knocking it off! No real damage other than a couple dents. Now the best part!!!!!!  They wouldn't answer the door or come out when i was there and now they refuse to pay! Chimney is all back on, no worse for wear. No way in he double hockey sticks i can reload it and get back out over the drop off! Now on to today, the forester that sold the wood was reaming me out on the phone , and i met a Weigh cop!!  He pulled me over for talking on phone and possible over load! No fine after i told him about why i was on the phone. Wood company is going to take the cost of wood out of my check......
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

beenthere

Lesson to have money in hand before unloading. If at all possible. Bummer that you got burned for trying to be so helpful.  :(
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Woodhauler

They was suppose to give me a check, or leave on the door. They woukldn't even come out of the house! My cousin lives 1/4 mile from them, and said they burned him on a deal too!!!! Find out to late that they always are looking for something for nothing!!!  BUT Things will even out someday!! People like that always have things catch up to them!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

deastman

To bad you couldn't have loaded it back on. Pomeroy unloaded 8 cord once and then the guy said he couldn't pay, he loaded it right back on and down the road he went!
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

goose63

When I sell wood it don't hit the ground till the cash is in my pocket and thy stack it not me
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Woodhauler

It is up to the contactor to get paid, not me. I will not get burned again!

luvmexfood

Even though it didn't happen to me it just burns me up. Good honest people trying to scratch out a living and lowlifes doing that. Someone needs to go soak it good in kerosene or diesel so it would have time to soak it up and be good fuel for this winter. Just hope they don't smoke and accidentaly drop a lit match.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Woodhauler

Just got a call from the forester, the home owner  called about a relacement section. They said it will cost 600$$$ plus labor!!!!   All it did was dent bthe side! And they had the gall to ask for another load of wood!!!! Guess what my answer was!!  >:( I called the same dealer and told him he couldlook at it and we would pay him to replace the dented section. I am not handing over 600 bucks or discounting the load by 600! If the homeowners will not agree to that then we will end up in a court battle!

boxygen

:( Sorry for your trouble. No wonder it is so hard getting a load of tree length wood around here. Too many people spoiling the pot for the rest of us. No wonder they bring it all to the mill  :( What kind of wood is it?
Hudson Oscar 121. Mahindra 2415, fransgard winch. Husky chainsaws from 346xp to 394xp, most are ported.

Southside

You could bring over another load and drop it right in the middle of the driveway. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

BargeMonkey

I feel your pain, thats why we basically refuse to do log length delivered. I buried my 1ton in someones yard last winter trying to be nice and spent 4hrs getting the backhoe to get out. It doesnt pay to be nice, but youve gotta make money and thats the problem.

David-L

Sorry for your troubles. Yes this has happened to all of us at one point in our wood careers. My policy now and has been for awhile is no drop wood until the good check our greenbacks are in hand. If people only new how hard this work is it might be different.
Two weeks ago I showed up 25miles away for a delivery, trailer with 1 1/2 cord cut and split . No one around but cars there. Waited ten minutes and said oh well and as I started out the long driveway, could see someone    flagging me in the rear view, I just kept rolling. Sure enough the message was when I got home was they were waiting for me to drop the wood and then come out to pay. sounds a little washy to me. After checking in with some local loggers, they are scammers and I am glad they didn't get to scam me. No drop wood till money in hand.
                                                Good luck all  David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Woodhauler

Well i think i have called her bluff!!! I spoke to the same wood boiler dealer that she did, and he is going to meet with the forester at the home owners place to check out damages! If he sees any thing wrong we are paying him to fix it!!! So no way she will see any cash or discount on wood!!!  My guess is she will want much less money ! And get this, she wants another load of wood!!!! :DCold day in the other place before i go back.

luvmexfood

Can't believe she would even have the nerve to ask.

goose63

Quote from: luvmexfood on August 05, 2014, 05:26:25 PM
Some people have NO BRAINES smiley_smash
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

luvmexfood

Quote from: goose63 on August 05, 2014, 06:25:44 PM
Quote from: luvmexfood on August 05, 2014, 05:26:25 PM
Some people have NO BRAINES smiley_smash

I think I was one of them today. Worked most of the day putting replacement lights on my 16 ft. trailer I pull behind the pickup to haul logs. Had broken them off about 1.5 years ago. Even though I have passed many State Police the wrong one saw me yesterday and reminded me to put some on. Barely got out of a ticket. Anyway, welded on the bracket I had broke off and installed new lights.

No power to lights. Started at the back and traced forward looking for power. Took the connector plug off at the hitch. Both sides. Still no power. Went to get the owners manual out to see if any kind of skematic. Opened it and it just happened to open to the section showing fuses. Trailer lights have a seperate fuse for brake and turn etc. All are blown. When I first got trailer their was a slight problem in the plug and I focused my attention on that. Boy I feel like a dumb butt. Day wasted over a blown fuse.

clww

Trailer lights and wiring are usually a lot of fun. :(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Woodhauler

Update!!!! I WAS FIRED TODAY FROM THAT TRUCKING JOB!!!

beenthere

That almost sounds like good news.   ;D

Do you get to keep the truck?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Woodhauler

Quote from: beenthere on August 06, 2014, 05:25:43 PM
That almost sounds like good news.   ;D

Do you get to keep the truck?
Hope so, its mine and the banks!Don't think i will starve to death with out them!

Bruno of NH

If i lived in Maine I would love to help you get your money
I cant stand people like that they are professional thieves
I have ben self employed for 30 yrs people think we are all loaded with money
They dont know the cost of doing business
Jim Bruno of NH
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Woodhauler

HER BLUFF WAS CALLED!!!  But get this , the forester called and wants me to come haul wood now! Man i am on the fence about this!!!!!!!!!  Need the work but not the crap!!!!!!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!