iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What will fall/winter...

Started by HiTech, August 02, 2014, 08:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiTech

bring us? Sometimes I feel we will have a mild winter and there are times I think last years will look like a spring day. Could we get one worse than last year or is my first feeling of a mild one right? Too early to tell what the critters will do. Just wondering what your thoughts are?

Autocar

Not real sure eather it's been a cool wet summer here Iam still sick of last winter and here it's almost fall again . People use to tell me the older you get the faster the time goes and they were not kidding. I hope Iam wrong but I look for a early frost and not sure what will follow.
Bill

beenthere

I'll let you know in about a year from now.  ;)
I'm in no rush to know, and have no need to know.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Woodboogah

There is lots of hard mast dropping already.  I sometimes think that a good mast year means a bad winter. 
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

redprospector

Don't know about where you guy's are, but in the Rocky Mountains there's an old saying that only 2 kind of people predict the weather...Fools, and Newcomers. I've been here way to long to be a "newcomer" so I'll keep my thoughts to myself.  ;)
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

thecfarm

Better lay in some more wood.  :)   Just never know what will happen. We got the cold in Dec and it just stayed cold. Just like now,the temps are kinda on the low side.In the high 50's-low 60's every morning here. Only had 3-4 days that was quite warm. No temps in the high 70's first thing in the morning and here it is the first of Aug.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Whatever it is, bring it on I'm ready  :D :D :D 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

clww

Some of the trees we've been cutting in the past couple of weeks are already showing leaves changing colors. It was a cooler July, and a cool beginning to August this weekend.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ed_K

I've been working up 5 cords of firewood to sell this winter, last night the house was cool enough that I commented to rita we may need to keep that wood for just in case  ;D .
Ed K

timberlinetree

If you don't like below ave temp and lots of precipitation don't read the farmers alamanac.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

ST Ranch

You folks out east must be havng poor [wet and cool] summer, thinking about winter already.
I am sure Erik, HT John, Brucer, BF Griz and a few other out here in the west {PNW} can only hope for some summer relief. 
We have had no significant [if any] rain for weeks and our temps are in the 90's  & low 100's with less than 20% relative humidity.  Forest fires common and fire conditions are extreme.  Fire rates of spread in the drybelt are 25 acres in one hour on flat ground with average winds. Much faster on slopes or windy conditions. We have another 3-4 weeks predicted of this type of weather - kind of hard to relax, just waiting for a new lightong storm or foolish person.
Tom
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

Thank You Sponsors!