iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chain saw mount on proceser

Started by cutter88, July 30, 2014, 09:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter88

I'm looking to just mount a 2186 Johnny on my processor for now untill I can get set up with a circular saw can anyone help me with how to mount it picks would be awesome :)
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

dave_dj1

I'll try to remember some pics later but basically I made a hinge with a long bolt and pieces of pipe. The bracket the saw sets in is hooked to the hinge. The bracket is about 4" wide and 16" long with a 90* deg bend where the saw butts up against it, then there is a plate that goes over the bottom of the handle and clamps the saw down. There is a big knob you tighten to hold the saw in place.
I tried to incorporate some rubber in the mix to help protect the saw but that didn't work out. I haven't fiddled with it lately but it seemed to work good. I wanted it easily removable for fueling.

TeaW

Found this still kicking around, haven't use it like this in a while. This is the way it used to be. Good Luck

TeaW

Thank You Sponsors!