iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm a mill owner

Started by Darrel, July 30, 2014, 12:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

Bought a 1993 LT40HDD20 that now has a 24 horse Onan gas engine on it. Comes with shingle lap sider, sharpener & setter some blades and other bits of equipment.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

VictorH

Congratulations!!  I have a 95 with the 24 also.  I'm sure you will love it!

mad murdock

Congratulations on the new to you mill Darrel!! Let the good times roll 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

thecfarm

Now you're sawing!! What's the plan for the lumber.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red

Owning a sawmill is like owning a boat . . .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Alligator

Told you that mill would find you. They are like stray dogs they tend to find the right owner, and if it's not you it will just keep moving.
Pictures Please when you get a few minutes. I'm sure you have a lots to do, but share the joy.
Esterer Sash Gang is a  Money Machine

ddcuning

Congrats Darrel! Like Alligator says, post some pics when you get a chance.

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

Chuck White

Congratulations on the mill purchase, Darrel.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Congratulations on the "new" sawmill.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I forgot to say,when you start sawing you will have to start another thread that is titled,I'm a sawyer.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Darrel

Thanks guys!  Pictures will be forth coming but right now my mobile device says that I don't have permission to post that picture.
1992 LT40HD

Darrel

Oh, one more thing, it has that fancy chair like Magicman has.  I guess that means that I'll have energy left over for dancing at the end of the day.  8)
1992 LT40HD

redprospector

Quote from: Darrel on July 30, 2014, 11:11:59 AM
Oh, one more thing, it has that fancy chair like Magicman has.  I guess that means that I'll have energy left over for dancing at the end of the day.  8)
Hahaha. I think that probably means you'll have to hire someone to remove the boards. Or you can get up each time and remove the board, then climb back up on the seat to go again...what? 500 times a day? That'll probably be all the dancing you'll want in a day.  :D

In reality, I've never had a ride along seat. They look like they'd be pretty nice if you have an off bearer.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Magicman

Quote from: redprospector on July 30, 2014, 12:06:12 PMIn reality, I've never had a ride along seat. They look like they'd be pretty nice if you have an off bearer. 
Or not, it still is nice.  It's also easy to see over a big log if you need to check the blade guide.  I occasionally stand up or sit on the seat back.

I do have a folding step stool to use when the front of the sawmill is high.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

glassman_48

Congratulations Darrel,
Cant wait for your pictures and your first sawing experience,,,,,,,,,have fun

kczbest

Congratulations! I'm sure you will love it.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

backwoods sawyer

You got a fair amount os bells and whistles with the package ;) bet you are dancing now 8) 8) 8)
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Darrel

I like that Magic, you park the mill in the shade then put an umbrella on it just to be styling.  8)

So my son, Ben, is going to be picking up my mill on Friday, meanwhile, I'm back in Utah because I have to work the moth of August then I move to Oregon and start a new job there and saw in my spare time.  Then by time I retire I hope to have enough work to keep me as busy as I want to be and no busier.

I only have one picture of it and will post it some time Thursday.
1992 LT40HD

Darrel

Backwoods, the only thing it doesn't have that I wish it did is a debarker.  But yes, it does have a few nice perks.  I checked out every bearing on it and all are good.  The sprockets for the feed drive are starting to show a little wear, but not bad.  The B57 belts need to be replaced.  The water lube system is missing.  When I asked the owner about it he said that he just never used it and took it off.  And of course, its once orange paint is ugly as sin.
1992 LT40HD

SawyerBrown

Congratulations, and welcome to the pinkish-orange family!  ;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Darrel

Here is my one and only pic of the mill, in reality it is a picture of Ike and his (grandpa's) new sawmill!

He was sure excited and wanted like everything to take it home that day.  But he does get to be there the day it is picked up and I get to be 800 miles away.  His brother Zach gets to be there too!
1992 LT40HD

Magicman

Looks like Ike & Zack have a smart Grandpa.  Congrats to all three of you.   8)

Deese

Congrats on the mill.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Darrel

My Son Ben, brought the mill home today and I have to be 800 miles away, oh well.  He did send me some pictures. and Ill share them with you.  The gentleman I bought the mill from broke his back last fall and wasn't able to put the mill away properly but there are no real major issues.  By major, i mean expensive.  mostly just cleaning it up is all it will need as well as some rewiring of the hydraulics. 

Zach and Ike looking at it.  And the black tarp on the ground is the carriage cover.

Ben says that the pump has a Honda engine and is brand new on this 300 gallon fire trailer.  It looks to me like the trailer would be loaded beyond capacity if the tank were full.

Some blades that are a bit rusty and that seat looks like it could use some help.

Right now the mill is tucked safely inside that center door.  Ben said that he is going to have to make another trip to pick up the fire trailer as well as the shingle lap sider and a few other odds and ends.

Thanks for taking time to look
Darrel
1992 LT40HD

Alligator

Don't se or hear but one thing that will be hard for you to handle. That one thing is being 800 miles away with a new toy waiting for you. Congratulations! Good Luck. God's Speed.
Esterer Sash Gang is a  Money Machine

Thank You Sponsors!