iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

6 years late, better then never!

Started by moosehunter, July 29, 2014, 08:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdtuttle

I like to see that your planning ahead for radon mitigation. The perimeter pipe is cheap compared to doing it later. Great job :).
Have a great day

moosehunter

The Pex is in place.

The right parts make it almost easy.

Concrete going into place.

Floor joists are going up.
This seems to be taking forever but I am doing everything myself except friends helping with concrete pours,.. AND I appreciate the help!!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

addicted

Great pictures. Did you price out open floor truss's and tji's. I'm having trouble getting a good price for the open web truss without redrawing the entire floor design. I was wondering what the difference is in price.

Raider Bill

Looking great!!  I remember putting up my 48' floor trusses, what a job!

Question, why the open space between the beams?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

moosehunter

addicted ; did not price open joists
Bill; If I had taken the pic today the third beam would be there ;) Had to use a come-along and three ratchet straps to get that third one up. I put every one of the joists up myself. Put 5 or 6 on balanced on the forks of the Kubota, drive behind the house where the grade is higher and set one end of the joists on the sill plate. Push one joist to it's balance point, go back around the house and up a ladder to pull it in, drag it across the room and up the other ladder,...... repeat. Longest ones were 34'. I think one more foot and I would have needed another person!

Magicman

Looking very good !!   8)

I understand "friends" when dealing with concrete.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Banjo picker

Yes as long as a couple of those friends knows what they are doing...Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

moosehunter

Had one friend that knows what he is doing, been doing it all his life. Traded his expertise for a little sawing job ;) The rest of us just did what he told us to.

Banjo picker

Good deal...  You have a nice looking floor laid out with the Pex pipe ..  I used that for the water line in my youngest sons house a few years back when copper got out of sight....As I do work on my house ...plumbing wise... it is converted to pex as well..   Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

isawlogs

I love looking at great workmenship.  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WmFritz

Looking mighty fine, Mike.
I used those manifolds in my cabin. Nice quality.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!